Headache is the most common neurological disorder. Second to this is back pain. So you better think twice if you feel you belong among the large number of people experiencing frequent back pain. Here’s the good news—there are ways to relieve back pain naturally. This is great for people who want to stay away from chemicals.
The next time you experience back pain, here are things you should try to relieve it:
- Balneotherapy. This is a special bath for relieving certain pains. A special balneotherapy for back pain is taking a bath in a mineral water with sulphur. Researches have proven that doing this helps reduce back pain and improve mobility. You can try this at home. Buy sulphur bath salts like Dead Sea salts found in health stores, spas, and online stores. All you have to do is mix this with mineral water and enjoy being naturally relieved from your back pain.
- Chiropractic therapy. Back pain is the most common reason why people hire a chiropractor. This doctor uses spinal manipulation to correct your back joints and restore mobility.
- Massage. Sometimes, it only takes a good back massage to relieve back pain. Use special massage oil and ask someone to massage your back. You can also hire a professional massage therapist to help you with this. It’s not only relieving for your back but massage can be very relaxing for the mind.
- Breathing. The idea behind this is that there is a special connection between the mind and body. Breathing exercises use this principle to improve awareness, breathing, meditation, and movement. You can try this at home with no extra cost. Studies have also proven the effectiveness of this technique. It’s not dangerous to try this exercise, anyway.
- Yoga. This is not only used for meditation but also to improve your body’s wellness. Now, yoga is also used to relieve body pain like back pain. Yoga is a study-proven technique to reduce the frequency and intensity of back pain. You can enroll in a yoga class or hire a teacher. Not only will your physical being but also other aspects of yourself will improve with yoga.
- Music Therapy. Are you suffering from anxiety, depression, and disability along with your back pain? If so, then you must try music therapy. This is known to relieve back pain caused by psychological problems. You don’t have to hire a violinist or pianist to feel relieved. Just listen to soothing music and feel it penetrate to your mind.
Due to the many cases of back pain, it is natural to find more ways to relieve it. But still, nothing beats prevention and taking care of yourself better. You won’t have to relieve any pain if you don’t feel the pain in the first place.
So instead of relieving, you can prevent back pain by improving your posture and eliminating bad habits like slouching. You don’t have to spend anything to do this. You just need to remind yourself every time you lose proper posture. When you get used to it, good posture will already be a part of your normal lifestyle.