Dry cough and sore throat are common sickness for both young and adult. They usually strike during cold and flu season. But actually, they don’t take a break even beyond that season. That makes relieving dry cough and sore throat a very important concern for many. In fact, there are a lot of tips and ideas on how to relieve dry cough and sore throat. Below are some of them:
- Analgesic. Reduce inflammation by taking analgesic like ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and aspirin for adults. For children, ibuprofen and acetaminophen are fine.
- Throat Lozenges. Instead of candy, why don’t you suck on a throat lozenge? Pick those with phenol, menthol, or benzocaine. These contents can numb your throat to give it a relief. For children, cough drops or a hard candy is a better choice.
- Gargle. Gargling with salt water or a mint mouthwash can be the remedy for sore throat. Try it if you don’t have any medicine or lozenges at hand.
- Spray. There are throat spray products available that can numb your throat. This is more effective than the lozenges, though not as comfortable as the latter.
- Tongue Brush. Sometimes, it only takes cleaning the mouth to lessen sore throat. Try it to remove the ugly buildup on the tongue. Make sure you rinse your toothbrush with a mouthwash to kill the bacteria residing in it.
- Ice Cold. Drinking super cold water can give relief to sore throat and dry mouth. You can have a pinch or lemon to that. Slowly drink super cold water to enjoy longer relief to your throat.
- No Smoke. Cigarette smoke or any other smoke can irritate the throat and your mouth. This can worsen your condition so better stay away from it.
- Garlic. Eating raw garlic or having a garlicky meal can help relieve your dry cough and sore throat. The very extract of garlic has antibiotic effect that helps kill the bacteria-causing sore throat.
- Onion. Make a juice out of onions and mix that with honey. This mixture helps loosen throat mucus and give relief to your cough, sore throat, and chest congestion.
- Turmeric. This will help reduce throat swelling and inflammation. Coughing and tonsillitis can be healed with turmeric as well. The best way to use this as a medication is to mix this with a glass of hot milk, some pepper, and teaspoon of honey. Drink this mixture every morning and before bedtime until you find great relief for your dry cough and sore throat.
- Tea. Find natural antibiotic with a cup of ginger tea. This will be helpful for sore throat and dry cough. If you can’t take the taste, you can add some drops of lemon and honey.
- Grapes. Drink half-cup of grape juice mixed with honey and you’ll find relief for your cough.
There sure are a lot of ways to be relieved of your dry cough and sore throat. Try all these and some more natural remedies. Now if your dry cough and sore throat lasts for long, you better see a doctor. Your condition might not be a simple dry cough and sore throat case.