Age spots are the brownish spots that appear on the face and on some parts of the body. Contrary to what most people believe, age spots do not actually come with age. These spots are caused by long exposure to the harmful rays of the sun. They may also be called sun spots. Having sun spots on your face and body may not be a pretty sight. The good news is that age spots can be removed surgically. Follow the steps provided below so that you can remove the age spots that you have on your face and body.
Here are the simple steps that you have to follow if you want to remove age spots on your face and body with surgery:
- Look for a dermatologist. If you have a dermatologist already, you can visit and consult him regarding your sun spots. If you do not have a dermatologist yet, it is best to research on some well known doctors in your area that provide the services that you need for removing the age spots. You will be more comfortable during the procedure if you trust your doctor.
- Go in for a consultation. When you have found the right doctor, the next step is to schedule an appointment and go in for a consultation. During the consultation, ask your doctor about the procedure and what to expect from it. The doctor will inspect your sun spots and see if they can be removed without having to go through surgery. If surgery is the best option, be ready to ask some questions regarding the process.
- Be ready with your expenses. Surgically removing age spots may be a bit expensive. Another ting to remember is that the age spots may not be eliminated with one session. This means that you have to go back several times in order to completely remove the brownish spots on your skin. It is best to be financially prepared so that you can go back when needed and get the best results.
- Schedule an appointment. Call the doctor’s office and schedule an appointment for your surgery. When you make an appointment, ensure that you are free for that day and that you have no other commitments. Surgery can cause the area treated to become sensitive or uncomfortable and you would not want to do other things while you are recovering from the treatment.
- Go through the surgery. Go through the surgery and listen to the advice of the doctor on what you need to do after the treatment. You might be give some medicines that you need to apply on the treated area. Go in for a check-up after a few weeks.
These are the steps that you have to go through if you want to remove age spots surgically. To avoid having to go through the procedure, what you can do is to protect your skin by always wearing sunscreen. If you can, avoid the sun at all costs to avoid damage to your skin and prevent age spots from forming.