I overheard a conversation the other day when I was out shopping, and I realized how important it is that I share with all of you the knowledge, power, techniques, thoughts and suggestions I give my clients as part of our therapy sessions once they have decided that it is time to take action and take back control of their life and change their thoughts, actions and behavior.
Life so often requires that we do things that we really don't want to be doing. As a result of this we can get used to the feelings of frustration, irritation, loss of control and dissatisfaction, so much so that these negative emotions start to feel like the norm. We actually start to believe that we will never get the chance to indulge ourselves in doing those things that we might want or choose to do. We can get so wrapped up in the mechanics of survival that we fail to recognize when opportunities for fun, love and abundance are presented to us. Your life does not have to be determined by the whims, addictions and negative behavior patterns of those around you or even your own past. You have the power to take control. You have the power to live the life you dream of. You have the ability to empower yourself! Here's how:
- First, realize and understand that your biggest ally or worst enemy is your own self-talk; it is your negative self-talk that can destroy your desire by destroying the belief that you can have what you want.
- Desire keeps you alive. In this world, desire is the life force of energy streaming through us. It is our desires that keep us alive and captivating. People who lack strong desires slowly wither away, living only as shadows of who they were and who they could potentially be. The more you allow the life force of desire to flow through you, the more vibrant, alive and connected you become and life keeps improving.
- Clean house. Sometimes it becomes necessary to “clean house” by removing negative message units that have been built up and stored in your subconscious. Hypnosis allows you to quickly and easily clean out unnecessary negative message units that have been stored up in your subconscious, leaving you with a feeling of relaxation, comfort, clarity and more control.
- Take control of your thoughts with imagery. Feed your desire with visualizations of your dreams. Allow the positive thoughts and your desires to flow through and around you. Use anything and everything at your disposal to remind you of your dreams. Cut out pictures, write your dreams in a journal, meditate and relieve stress, read something inspirational and get help “talking” to your subconscious with the aid of a recorded session. Positive thinking, affirmations and suggestions not only help you learn how to improve your self-confidence, but also can dramatically improve the overall quality of your life. Your mind believes whatever you tell it, so stop talking trash to yourself about yourself.
- Repetition is your key to success. For every negative thought or image that comes into your mind, take the time and take control of your thoughts to think 100 times more about your hopes, dreams and desires. Take the time to remember each and every good thing that has happened not only throughout the day, but throughout your life – every single thing that has made you laugh and feel all warm and toasty inside.
- Internalize for success. As powerful as these five prior steps are, they are still external. When you can internalize your hopes, dreams and goals – take the positive thoughts and implant them into your subconscious – you increase your chances for success a hundredfold. Self-hypnosis is a powerful tool, but should only be used when you are in an optimistic and happy frame of mind. If you attempt to use self-hypnosis when you are feeling down or negative, the risk is that as you relax more fully, you will allow negative thoughts to flow in and they will be implanted even more firmly and deeply into your subconscious. A recorded or live hypnotherapy session done by a qualified hypnotherapist gives you the full use of your conscious and subconscious, will always be positive and can never be affected by your mood or a passing negativity. That is why they are so powerful.
Use all of these tools and use them repeatedly. You will be amazed just how quickly your life can change and you can get a new beginning.