Before cold medicines were invented, people never suffered from sleepiness and surreal feelings just to treat their cold. We can still do what our ancestors did to treat their cold before the invention of drugs.
It’s amazing to know that there are ways to treat cold naturally without drugs and many people don’t even know about it. Well, you don’t have to suffer from ignorance anymore. In this article, you will know the different ways on how to treat a cold naturally without using drugs.
Try these tricks when treating cold and find natural relief:
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water, natural fruit juices, and drinks rich in electrolytes can help you be hydrated while suffering cold. Being hydrated helps in treating cold. Sometimes, it’s all you need to get over that cold. Even if you don’t eat for a day or two, that is okay for as long as you keep yourself hydrated.
- Get more rest. Whatever sickness you are suffering, having plenty of rest is as important as taking your medicines. This is a way for your body to recover from the imbalance. If you don’t get rest, you might only make your suffering worse. Besides, you can’t do anything normal when you have cold. Maybe it’s time to have a movie marathon or spend your time listening to your forgotten favorite music.
- Natural treatment for discomforts and aches. Microwave a rice sock and put that over your body parts that feel discomforts and aches like the neck, ears, and head.
- Add spice. Eating more spicy foods will help in releasing the clogging in your nose, thus, reducing any discomfort it brings.
- Have the right diet for the cold. People suffering from cold are usually not in the right appetite to eat a lot. Again, it’s okay not to eat a day as long as you keep your body hydrated. Now, if you want to eat, better choose high-protein but easily digested foods like chicken soup. Eat fruits rich in vitamin C, too, like orange and lemon.
- Suck on lozenges or mint candies. These will help your nose feel better and free from any clogging.
Aside from trying to treat your cold naturally, you should also make an effort not to spread the cold. This disease is very infectious. Anyone in the family, especially the children, can easily get cold.
Here are some ways you can do to prevent spreading of cold:
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze.
- Don’t use your cloth to remove mucus liquid from your nose. Instead, use disposable tissues.
- Wash your hands frequently. This will not only prevent spreading of cold but will also help your body recover from cold faster.
- Wash the clothes, bed sheet, pillow cases, and blankets you used separately. Sun-dry the clothes, too. The sun can remove any dangerous microorganisms on the clothes.
Cold is one of the most common sicknesses especially during the cooler months. By knowing these natural remedies, you don’t only save yourself from the nasty side effects of chemical-based drugs. You also save some money while enjoying the same relief.