The fungus is not the real culprit of your fungal infection. It is the imbalance in your body. Due to this imbalance, your body becomes weaker such that it is not strong enough to protect itself against virus and bacteria attacks. Thus, you are now suffering fungal infection.
Blaming yourself at this point will not be very helpful, though. You need to act against the real culprit. Fortunately, you can do that without the over-the-counter medications. These may be helpful but they can also bring you negative side effects and suffer extra expenses. Below are some of the best herbal remedies you can use to effectively and naturally treat fungal infection:
- Garlic. This spice is not only very flexible in your kitchen. It is also very flexible for healing different ailments including fungal infection. Garlic has natural antibiotic properties that help destroy the causes of fungal infection. This can be helpful whether you ingest it or use it as a topical treatment. You may increase the garlic content of your foods and find relief through that. You can also grind the garlic, mash it, or cut the seed in half and apply it on the affected area. Both ways can already treat fungal infection naturally.
- Citrus seeds. Like garlic, citrus seeds have helpful properties for killing the microorganisms that have caused fungal infection. You can include citrus seeds to your foods, too. Use the citrus seed extract that you can find in local drugs stores. This is available in diluted form, which you can directly apply on the affected area.
- Tea tree oil. Apply some drops of this oil on the infected area. Do this three times everyday and you will find a great relief. For sensitive skin, mix the oil to some drops of your chosen vegetable oil before applying on the area. Add a few drops of this oil to water or to your shampoo and soap when cleansing the area.
- Aloe vera. The gel form of this plant is the most commonly used for treating fungal infection. Aloe vera is naturally anti-parasitic, making it very beneficial for treating any fungal problems. You may also use the oil form of this plant though the gel gives a plus. It provides cooling effect on the irritated skin.
- Chamomile. This is also known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and fungicidal properties. Using this as a topical treatment or for ingestion are both helpful for treating the fungal infection. You can get relief from this by drinking chamomile tea once everyday. You can also apply the used tea bag on the infection.
Other herbs known for treating fungal infection are Yellow Dock, turmeric, thyme, Sangre de Drago, pokeroot, figwort, fenugreek, Echinacea, cat's claw, budock, and acerola. In fact, this list is incomplete. There are still many herbs out there that can help treat fungal infection. There's no harm on trying any of these herbs as long as you will use the herbs as directed.