COPD or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is actually a more scientific term for chronic bronchitis and emphysema which are quite severe disorders related to the lungs. COPD is ranked in the top ten of death causing disorders. On this note alone, it is critical to find any kind of treatment to heal this respiratory disease that could easily affect other organs such as the heart and liver. Based on a number of studies, milk thistle seed is an effective natural treatment for COPD. Here are some milk thistle seed treatment concoctions that you can administer to yourself or anyone you know that is suffering from COPD.
- Concoct a milk thistle seed solution. The first option to treat COPD with milk thistle seed is by actually concocting a homegrown solution. You will need to purchase milk thistle extract which may be purchased in large supermarkets and specialty stores dedicated to herbs and natural supplements. Get a ½ cup of water and mix 1 tablespoonful of the milk thistle seed extract in the water. Stir it to saturate and drink the solution. The solution should be taken 3 times a day to effectively relieve COPD symptoms. Now, this solution may taste rather icky so you if you can't take it like this, you can opt to mix the extract in juice instead of water to mask the awful taste.
- Purchase commercial milk thistle seed extract capsules. Many herbal supply and supplement stores now sell milk thistle seed extract in capsule that can be ingested orally with greater ease. Purchase the capsules and take it three times a day. 40mg milk thistle seed extract capsule is the proper dosage and should be washed down with a glass of water.
- Drink milk thistle seed tea. For a milk thistle seed tea, you will need crushed milk thistle seeds. Again, you can purchase these at herbal supply stores and large groceries. Grind them manually. Prepare 1 cup of boiling water and drop the crushed seeds into the cup. Let the seeds set for about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the seeds through a strainer. Discard the seeds and drink the tea. You may mix some honey to the solution for a sweeter and more acceptable taste. Drinking 1 to 2 cups per day should be optimum to treat COPD.
- Use milk thistle seed tincture. If you like the milk thistle tea idea, then you can add to its potency by pouring a few drops of milk thistle seed tincture into the tea. This will make the treatment more potent and make the healing process speed up. You can add the tincture to juice or milk as well if the tea option does not seem to fancy your palate.
- Eat the milk thistle seeds directly. An easier way to ingest milk thistle seeds and its extract is by grinding and crushing the seeds and adding them to food like cereal, oatmeal, or rice. Make sure that you grind the seeds until powdery if possible. Sprinkle and mix it in your food and eat normally. Do this 2 to 3 times a day in line with your meal schedule.
Consult a homeopathic practitioner prior to taking these treatments. Bear in mind that if you still drink alcoholic beverages that these concoctions will conflict with them and you may find that the treatments will have no effect.