Perimenopause is a normal stage in any woman’s life. It is the phase where a woman is about to enter the menopausal stage. Perimenopause carries with it a number of symptoms like muscle pains, fatigue, energy loss and hot flashes from time to time. Apart from the idea that they are about to enter their menopausal stage, these symptoms are also bringing uneasiness and discomfort to them. Below are some ways on how to treat them.
- Consult your gynecologist. The first thing that you, of course, have to do to treat your peimenopause is to consult your gynecologist. You should never try to outwit them by doing traditional treatments that do not have any proven medical effect. Always remember that doctors know best. They would tell you what to do and explain the different levels of changes that are responsible for your uneasiness and discomfort.
- Continue taking your birth control pills. If you are experiencing symptoms of perimenopause, which cause you discomforts and uneasiness, you may take or continue taking birth control pills. These pills control the production of your estrogen, which would be responsible in relieving the symptoms of perimenopause.
- Observe your diet. Remember that bone loss is one of the symptoms of perimenopause. To ease this problem, observe a diet that is high in fiber as well as calcium. These two components will not only help your body store more energy, but will also be responsible in preventing bone loss.
- Exercise regularly. While this part is a common and classic advice for everyone regardless of age and gender, still there is lesser of the total population who really need it, but is not doing it. Those suffering the symptoms of perimenopause need this badly. A good, sufficient and regular exercise will address the perimenopause symptoms of muscle pains and fatigue.
- Mange the way you deal with perimenopause. More than addressing the physical symptoms of perimenopause, it is more important to treat the psychological aspect. That is, the mental state or the way you are coping from the stress brought by the idea of being perimenopausal. Take yoga classes to help you control this stress. A simple meditation could help you accept this fact of life. You can also try other relaxation methods that could help you through it. But always remember to take long breaks and breathe in if symptoms are manifesting.
- Avoid spicy foods. When you are in perimenopause, avoid taking spicy foods because they may actually trigger some symptoms that you are treating like hot flashes. The same thing is true with alcohol that can trigger some symptoms.
- Go herbal. There are herbal treatments that may be used to treat the symptoms of perimenopause like cohosh and ginseng. You can check the nearest the herbal store for this.
Perimenopause is an inevitable stage in every woman’s life. But this does not mean that you really have to suffer the symptoms that it carries. Just follow the said ways and you will get through this stage with less discomfort and uneasiness.