Aloe Vera is known to have many health benefits especially for the skin. It is quite fascinating how one plant can improve and cure skin problems. That's why it is not surprising to find it in many cosmetic products as one of their ingredients. These products include moisturizers, lotions, hair growth creams, and are even found in facial masks used by dermatologists.
Aside from that, people can use this plant's natural extract and directly apply it to areas of their body that Aloe Vera can treat. If you are wondering how to make this medicinal plant into an herbal cosmetic product, here are some tips on how you can do so.
The following are instructions on how to whip up your own gel made of Aloe Vera.
- Cut or slice a spike off from an Aloe Vera plant bunched together. You can use a kitchen knife or scissors for this. You may now peel the external skin of the spike.
- Blend the Aloe Vera spike in a blender or in a food processor until it is crushed into pulp.
- With the use of a ¼ measuring cup, gather and fill the cup with the pulped Aloe Vera. If one spike is not enough to fill ¼ of a cup, blend some more spikes until you reach the right amount of pulp.
- On a plate, make use of a spoon to crush a tablet of Vitamin C until it is reduced to powder. Mix the powdered tablet of Vitamin C into the pulped Aloe Vera. In addition to that, squeeze open a tablet of Vitamin E and once again mix it together with the pulped medicinal plant with Vitamin C.
- Once all the ingredients have been mixed, store the mixture in a container that is thoroughly cleaned. Refrigerate it. You may now use this Aloe Vera mixture as a treatment to skin irritation, wounds, incisions, and burns. You may use it at least 3 times in one day, or depending on how many times you feel comfortable applying it.
This is how to make home-made Soothing Body Oil out of Aloe Vera.
- Gather your home-made Aloe Vera gel, ¼ cup of glycerin in liquid form, and drops of fragrance oil (depending on the amount you prefer).
- Mix all these ingredients in a thoroughly cleaned bottle. Shake the bottle until all the ingredients have blended well with each other. This mixture can be stored for the span of one month.
These are the steps on how to make an Aloe Vera Shampoo that specializes in moisturizing your hair.
- Mix a cup of shampoo free from any kind of detergent, ¼ of a cup of your gel made of Aloe Vera, ¼ cup of glycerin in liquid form, and a teaspoon of salt. Pour these ingredients into a squeezable bottle. Shake well.
- Apply a lather amount of this mixture enough to cover your wet hair. Let it sit for a couple of minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
Follow these instructions to make a shower gel out of Aloe Vera to moisturize your skin.
- In a bowl, stir 1 ½ cups of lukewarm water with the home-made Aloe Vera shampoo. Also add in a few drops of fragrance oil.
- Store in a thoroughly cleaned container.
Although you can buy cosmetic products made with Aloe Vera at any pharmacy or any supermarket, it is always good to experiment with different ingredients. In fact, it could even cost you less.