For many who want to lose weight but can’t seem to do it through diet and exercise, liposuction is a popular choice. Liposuction removes excess fatty tissue from the body basically melting away those stubborn fats. The result: a leaner, sexier you.
Liposuction technology has advanced in the last few years so much so that there are now ultrasonic or ultrasound-based liposuction methods that effectively recontour the body. There is no surgery involved. In this method, high frequency sound waves are delivered to specified areas of the body.
Two types of liposuction methods using ultrasound are Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction and External Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction. Both rely on sound waves to break down the fat tissues so the body can expel them.
Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction
- This type of ultrasound based liposuction is the best choice for areas of the body that are more fibrous. It is usually used on the breasts, back, posterior hip as well as the thighs and abdomen.
- In this procedure, the doctor inserts a cannula, which is a special tube inserted in the body where reduction is necessary. The cannula delivers ultrasound vibrations or sound waves. Fat cells burst because of these sound waves thereby liquefying the fats.
- Once the fats cells have been emulsified or liquefied, it makes it easier for the doctor to suction out the melted fats.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction takes more time to complete compared to the usual liposuction. But it does not take as long as a tumescent liposuction.
- Less blood loss is expected from this procedure compared to traditional liposuction methods. But formation of pockets of pale-yellow fluids or seromas appears to happen more. Seromas are drained by the doctor using a needle.
External Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction
- For larger areas of the body, external ultrasound assisted liposuction is the method of choice. This is a newer type of ultrasound assisted liposuction wherein the ultrasound is delivered from the outside instead of through a cannula inserted under the skin.
- This is a more comfortable type of ultrasound assisted liposuction method. An incision into the skin in not necessary. Seromas as well as skin necrosis (death of skin cells) are avoided in this procedure. The skin and surrounding tissues remain unaffected. Less blood loss happens during and after the procedure.
- The melted fat is transported by the body to the liver, which eventually expels the unwanted material.
These two types of procedures using ultrasonic technology are performed in a doctor’s office or clinic. Before you sign up for a session, discuss with the doctor which is a better option for you. Interview the doctor and ask questions. Research on the internet about the different types of ultrasonic weight loss methods.
Spot reduction is now possible given the advances in medical technology. What diet and exercise cannot do, ultrasonic technology can perform. There are usually no side effects and some have it done during their lunch hour! With ultrasonic technology, you can kiss your love handles, Jell-O like arms and thunder thighs goodbye in a few sessions. But be warned that if you don’t eat right and exercise after the procedure, the fat cells will surely make their presence felt once more.