Walking pneumonia as described by doctors is the kind of illness that doesn't need hospitalization. This kind of infection is more often than not treated at home wherein certain medications are given.
Here are some ways to treat walking pneumonia symptoms:
- At the onset, if you've been suffering from flu and cough for days and the pills that you are taking are not of use, then check with your physician. For conditions like this, you should be checked and receive diagnosis both for the lungs, heart and blood so that right prescription will be given.
- If the results were positive of walking pneumonia, the doctor would usually say that you could be taken care of at home, so you don't need to panic. Purchase the needed medicines for your home treatment and get enough rest.
- To help drain the fluid inside your lungs, when coughing, it is advisable not to lie flat in the bed. Instead, prop yourself with a pillow and you would feel that little by little you are draining the fluid.
- Refrain from eating oily food and stuff as well. Ask your doctor if there is a certain diet that you need to follow.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C to improve your immune system's stamina. Focus on eating this foodstuff so you can gain instant energy in no time.
- In general, you will have difficulty in breathing. It is better if you can lease an oxygen tank for a certain period of time, for your breathing reinforcement. Your doctor may also advise you to use a nebulizer.
- Aside from diet, it is essential also that you exercise. If you can and there is an opportunity, do simple exercises such as walking in the park especially in the morning. This will certainly help the lungs improve their condition. Just be sure that you do not expose yourself in polluted areas because this will have an effect on your system.
- Stop any form of vices like smoking, drinking alcohol, drugs, and other substances that is bad for your health. Keep in mind that you have to take care yourself so that your condition will not worsen.
- Wear mask, especially when you in you are in public places. This is not only effective in controlling the epidemic but you can protect yourself also from people who have other sickness. Wearing a mask will absolutely help you in preventing complications. Remember, your lungs and immune system are weak at this point so you need to be extra watchful.
By following the steps above, soon you will be spared from walking pneumonia and its possible complications. Just do not forget to follow your physician's order and of course take your medications regularly and on time. Be cautious as well to the people taking care of you so they could not catch the virus. As much as possible, advise them to take vitamins to prevent themselves from catching the illness.