You will need:
- Hair pins
- Superglue Gel
Decorative motives (such as):
- Clay miniatures
- Pom poms
- Mini silk flowers
- Tiny ribbons
- Colorful Buttons
Using a needle and thread, attach decorative motives onto plain hairpins. This project's easy as pie.
- Start by looping your thread through the needle hole, and knotting it. You may use a slightly thicker thread for security but it has to be able to go through the needle hole; because your needle must be thin enough to loop through the blunt edge of the hairpin.
- Sew a basic stitch onto a fabric-type motive. If you're using a button, just loop through the button hole a few times to secure the thread.
- Begin looping needle + motive through the end of your hairpin. Make a few tight loops before knotting it.
- Cut the string off and voila you have a brand new decorated hair pin!
- To attach clay miniatures, use gel-type superglue because it's stronger than the liquid kind. Despite that, they're still more fragile than the sewn-on types. Just make sure not to drop pins on the floor.