The Beatles was a group that was formed in Liverpool, England in 1960. The band was composed of Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. They are considered to have been one of the most influential groups in the world. The band has also been named as the most successful band in the history of music. The band broke up in 1967. Their breakup started when their manager, Brian Epstein, died of a drug overdose. This incident raised legal and financial conflicts within the group. In 1968, all four of them began embarking on solo careers.
Since then, a lot of popular bands have produced tribute albums for the Beatles. Here are some Beatles tribute albums.
- Chet Atkins Picks on The Beatles. This is the tribute album recorded by the American guitarist Chet Atkins. It contains a selection of instrumental songs by the Beatles. Some of the songs are Can't Buy Me Love, A Hard Day's Night, I'll Follow The Sun and Michelle.
- The Other Side Of Abbey Road. This is a studio album by the American guitarist George Benson. The songs all came from The Beatles' album Abbey Road. Some of the songs include Golden Slumbers, Because, Here Comes The Sun and Something.
- Songs of the Beatles. This Beatles tribute album was released in 1981. It was recorded by the American jazz singer Sarah Vaughan. Some of the tracks include And I Love Her, Eleanor Rigby, Blackbird, Hey Jude and Here, There and Everywhere.
- Beatlesongs. This is the 1982 Beatles tribute album produced by Rhino Records. This tribute compilation contains novelty songs of the Beatles. Some of the songs on the album include Beatlemania by Jack Nitzsche, Beatle Rap by The Qworymen, Pop Hates The Beatles by Allan Sherman and Letter To The Beatles by The Four Preps.
- Come Together: America Salutes The Beatles. This was a Beatles tribute album released in 1995. Produced by Liberty Records, this compilation features country music artists. Some of the songs in the album are; Come Together by Delbert McClinton, Let It Be by Collin Raye, Yesterday by Billy Dean and Get Back by Steve Wariner.
- This Bird Has Flown: A 40th Anniversary Tribute to the Beatles Rubber Soul. This tribute album contains indie renditions of the Beatles 1965 album Rubber Soul. It was done by a variety of artists to commemorate the anniversary of its release. The album was released in 2005 and produced by Razor & Tie. Some of the tracks include Drive My Car by The Donnas, You Won't See Me by Dar Williams, The Word by Mindy Smith and Girl by Rhett Miller.
The number of these albums gives us a clear idea of how big an impact The Beatles made on music history. This represents the influence they have when it comes to music development. There are a lot of upcoming musicians that are continually helping to evolve the music scene, but the legacy that The Beatles gave us will surely last forever.