If you do a lot of activities that require painting or using a paint spray gun, you might want to build your very own paint booth in your garage. By creating your own paint booth, you will save a lot of time and effort in cleaning the mess you created after painting. It will be easier for you to paint your items as you do not need to worry about cleaning the stains on the floor.
Here are the instructions on how to create your own paint booth in your garage:
- Materials. First, you will have to gather all the materials that you are going to need to create your paint booth. You will need PVC pipes, a lot of plastic sheets, a fan, cardboard and duct tape. These are the basic items you need to create build a booth in your garage. You do not need to purchase new plastic sheets and cardboards. You can get used ones so that you can save money.
- Measurements and Frame Assembly. Measure the area where you are going to place your paint booth. Measure how tall you plan to build the booth and also how wide. Construct the PVC pipes according to the measurements that you took. You will only need to connect the PVC pipes with each other. You do not need to use glue or any other adhesive so that you can collapse your spray booth if you are not using it. Make sure that all the parts are well connected.
- Putting Up Plastic Sheets and Cardboards. Use the plastic sheets that you have to make the walls of the paint booth. You have to make sure that the plastic sheet reaches the floor. Assemble the cardboard you have on the floor area of the paint booth. Connect all the sides of the plastic sheets with duct tape and make sure that there are no spaces and holes on the sheets. Do not forget to create a space for you to enter and exit the paint booth.
- Installing the Fan. The fan will serve as you paint exhaust system. Cut a portion on the plastic sheet just big enough to fit the head of your fan. Secure the opening of the plastic sheet to the fan so that there will be no holes. Make sure that there are no plastic sheets that will get in the way of the blades of the fan.
- Usage. Once you have set up all these, you can now use your paint booth for your paint hobby. You can use your paint booth for painting parts of an automotive or for your other activities that will require the use of a paint gun. When you are done using the paint booth, you can choose to collapse it or let it stand as is.
These are the steps that will help you create your own paint booth inside your garage. Having your very own paint booth at home is very useful, especially if you do a lot of painting.