The earliest known ceramic products date back to 10,000 BC. To a great extent, it measured a culture's sophistication. It is regarded as an indicator of progress. Ceramics started with simple pottery and had been practiced all over the world - from the classical Greeks and Romans, to the ancient Asians. The list also includes the early Africans, Europeans, Middle Eastern peoples, the people of the Americas, and the Indians. Some cultures even worshiped ceramic products.
Here, ceramic in discount ceramic supplies means whiteware ceramics. Whiteware include floor tiles, wall tiles, sanitary ware, tableware, and pottery products. This is the kind of ceramics that everyone could learn to make and invest some time in. If you are starting to make ceramic products or you are already into ceramics then here are some things that would lead to finding discount ceramic supplies.
Ceramic supplies range from all sorts of shapes, kinds, and sizes. They could be raw materials, pottery wheels and accessories, firing supplies, clays, kilns, slab rollers and clay extruders, mixers and pug mills, glazes, brushes and sponges, and studio equipment and furniture. It might also be helpful to look for instructional books and videos. If you are a beginner, you could learn a lot from them, and if you are already a master you could still learn some more, perhaps refresh your memory with textbook instructions.
Discount ceramic products can be found in a number of places. Take a look:
- Local pottery store - A pottery store will announce when they will have a sale. Check these stores for end-of-season sales. Ceramic products are sometimes popular for one season, but not for another. Also, check season sales. Every store seems to have a sale during Christmas. This would be a great opportunity for you to build a good relationship with the owner of the pottery store. Making ceramics usually entails a long-term deed. It is certain that you will always be buying ceramic products once you start your own ceramic shop or studio. Once you have established a friendship with your local store, every visit could turn out to be discounted shopping.
- Check your papers - Newspaper advertisement would also be another key to finding discount ceramic supplies. Most stores will place ads if they have a sale.
- Ceramics studio - A potter may be selling some of his old stuff. Do research, if you know a ceramics studio, pay a visit and ask if they are selling some of their supplies. Pre-owned items will most likely be sold at discount prices. If they are selling brand new items, they may also be slightly discounted as well. But before you go, prepare some questions. They could be helpful. Advice from a fellow ceramics enthusiast should always be welcome.
- Auction houses - Almost everything is sold in auction houses. You could be lucky if there are auction lots of ceramics supplies. Your highest bid might not be as high as the actual price in regular shops.
- Online - This is the simplest way to check out discount ceramics supplies. Type in the keywords and see what you find.
Ceramics is a great hobby. It is also a good business. Buying ceramics at discounted fee will help your budget a lot. In turn, it will also help you sustain your hobby or business.