If you are a collector of different types of glasswork, one way for you to get more unique items in your collection is by going to local glasswork auctions. On these auctions, you will get to bid on rare items that are being sold. You will get to see bottles, flasks and other glass items that you will not find anywhere else. You can also attend online auctions if it is more convenient to do so for you.
Here are some tips that you can use to attend a local glasswork auction:
- Look for glasswork auctions. You can look for glasswork auctions by checking your local newspaper for events that are going to be held in your area. There are many types of glasswork auctions that you can attend so be sure that you know what type of glasswork you are looking for. There are antique glasswork auctions and contemporary glasswork auctions. You can view a list of the auction schedules and other information on the website glswrk-auction.com.
- Research on the pieces. For live auctions, the organizers typically send a brochure of the items that are up for auction so that they can see the items in advance. Use this brochure to research on the items. By doing this, you will know the history of the glassworks and know if they are worth buying. This is also useful so that you know more or less how many glasswork pieces you are planning to bid on.
- Set your budget. Before you go to the auction, make sure that you set your budget. This is important so that you do not go overboard when you bid on the items. Set your budget based on how much you are willing to spend on the items that you are interested in from the brochure.
- Attending the auction. Go to the auction early so that you have time to sign up and settle down before the auction starts. Get all the necessary items that you need for the auction, such as the bidding paddle. When you register, you might have to give proof that you have good credit and that you can afford to pay for the items in the auction.
- During the auction. When bidding on the auction, make sure that you really want to buy a specific item. Remember to keep your bidding under your budget and take note that there are other items up for bid so do not spend all your budget on a single item if you are not sure if you want it.
These are some of the tips that you can use if you want to attend a local glasswork auction. You can also attend glasswork auctions on websites such as eBay but you have to research very well on the item so that you can be sure that you are buying an authentic piece. You can visit helpful websites, such as amcutglass.com or subscribe to the Antique Bottle and Glass Collector magazine so that you can get more information about glassworks.