Are you always on the path of seeking personal pleasure whether it be with food or activities? Have you always found ways to give pleasure to your senses? If so, then you might just be a hedonist. Some of you might have encountered this word or already know by now what it means. A hedonist is an individual who is always in pursuit for the pleasure of his senses. You might even come to think of it as somewhat a selfish act because in the pursuit of hedonistic pleasures, you are only thinking about your own self.
So how do you become a hedonist? There are many ways for you to become one. It just would probably mean that you’d be more or less indulging yourself and your senses often without anything holding you back.
Here are several steps that you can take to be a hedonist.
- Be sure that you’re eating great and delicious meals, be with good friends and drink great and quality wines. Enjoy stimulating meal conversations with the people whose company you truly enjoy. Have lots of wine and don’t forget your yummy dessert. You are indulging your senses spectacularly this way.
- Don’t be afraid to fall in love. Don’t think too much about things and just give yourself over to the experience of falling and being in love. It is one of life’s greatest pleasures.
- Remember that you only have one life to live so even if it sounds cliché to say that you have to live your life to the fullest, that is what you should really do. Don’t wait to experience regret for not having done things you would have wanted to do. There is no time like the present they say.
- Be sure and get yourself pampered. Spend a luxurious day at the spa, get a facial treatment, treat yourself to a body massage or spend the day at the salon getting all pretty. Indulge yourself!
- Make sure that you’re surrounded with lots of beauty and beautiful things. You will surely feel much better with being surrounded by beautiful people and things, as they will also make you feel more beautiful in the process.
- Don’t rush through life and instead take it one day at a time. If you work yourself to the ground, you’ll end up getting overworked and feel burned out. You have to understand that the world doesn’t revolve on you alone. Take a step back and have the time to “smell the roses”. Life is not supposed to be a running contest.
- Don’t be overwhelmed with your material possessions. Life experiences are your greatest treasures rather than your material possessions.
- Don’t be afraid of changing your view on life. Life is what you make of it and it is what you want it to be.
- Laugh always. Laughter is the best cure for anything. Positive energy begets positive energy improving your overall well-being.
- Every once in a while, detach yourself from technology, TV and anything else that might be construed as interruption to a relaxing afternoon. Instead read that book you’ve always wanted to read. Some quality alone time or good family time is really one way to indulge your emotional health.
These are just few of the steps that are really going to start you off on your way to hedonism. Remember that the main goal is always about pleasuring yourself and no other. Relax, enjoy and live!