Building your own family tree can be a learning experience. You may learn some new facts about some of your family members or you might even get to know some family members that you did not know you are related to. Creating a family tree by hand may be hard and time consuming. You can now build your own family tree online by using some websites. By doing this, you save your family tree online and share it with other family members.
Here are the steps for building your own family tree online:
- Gather information. The first thing you have to do is to gather information. First, list your family members and some of the members of your immediate family that you know. Include their first and family names and also their birthdates. If you get stuck, you can get help from your parents or your grandparents so that you can create a family tree as far back in history as you can. This will make your family tree more complete.
- Determine relationships. The next step is to determine how each person is related to every other person. Include your parents, siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews, grandparents, uncles, aunties and any other relatives that you can think of. You can also ask help from your elders when you get stuck.
- Search for a family tree website. To be able to make your family genealogy, the last thing you have to do is to search for a website that will allow you to create and save your family tree online. There are a lot of websites that will allow you to do this. Most of these websites operate in the same way. You have to register on the website and just type in the names of your family members, your relationship to them and their birthdates. The last step is to save your family tree.
Here are some of the websites that you can use to build your genealogy tree:
- tribalpages.com – This website allows you to share your family with your relatives. They can view the family or they can also update the family tree if they have more information. You can also add photos, events and stories to go with your family tree. The best thing about this is that it is free to use!
- myheritage.com – My Heritage is another website where you can trace your family ancestry. You can also search for your ancestors or other relatives who may already be on the website. This is a great way to keep track of the members of your growing family.
These are the steps you can take to build your own family tree online. Keeping track and updating your family tree is a great way to get to know your ancestry better. As time goes by, you will surely be adding a lot of names to your family tree. You can pass this family tree down to your children or grandchildren and ask them to add to the tree as they grow older. This way, they will also know their ancestry and their roots.