Magic The Gathering, also known as MTG is a game that involves trading cards. Each player needs to have his own deck to play. More than ten thousand cards are used just for this purpose. With that in mind, a sizable amount of deck cards can be established. Building your own set can be a bit tricky especially when you do not have a game plan. This is a strategy game that needs to be thought through carefully in order to win. There are different techniques and styles that you can do to successfully create your own deck. Read on to learn more about how to build your own Magic The Gathering Black Control Deck.
- First thing you need to do is to aim for the lowest cost options for all your manas. You can start by adding disturbance or interference that would keep the other players in drawing new cards. This will prevent you from giving them cards that can cast out all their enemies. You should have at least fifteen to twenty spells just to be sure. You can alter the number anytime later.
- Next step is to start building your empire by adding lands and mana sources. This can get you to the upper hand because it can give you energy or stamina. You need to have at least twenty to twenty-five swamps to achieve the required energy. Again, you can modify it later to your preference.
- You can also add removal cards. Their purpose is to destroy all enemies that will come your way, hence taking them out of the game. You need to stop all menacing threats. This way, you can be able to incur more damage. You have two options: if you do not have a lot of creatures for battle, you can do a major mass destruction or you can go for aiming a specific enemy if you have a lot of creatures at hand (fifteen to twenty creatures at least).
- Finally, apply the victory method wherein you get cards that would make you win via discard or an enemy oriented technique. By the end of the game, you should have at least a total of sixty cards.
Here are some helpful tips:
- If still, you are unsure of what to do, go to your local card specialty store and ask for some advice on how to build a successful deck. Or you can always ask your friends who have been playing this game for quite some time for styles and techniques.
- Surf on line for more information about this addictive game. It would be extremely helpful for you to understand the concept of MTG and how it works. You do not have to memorize each style, be proactive and create your own technique to give your enemies a sense of surprise.
- Do not forget to be creative! Have fun and be a sport. This is the only way that you can enjoy this interactive strategy game.
In the beginning, this game can be difficult to play. But with constant practice, you will soon get used to it. Now start collecting cards, build an empire and win!