Buying a real poker table may cost a fortune. If you're the type who loves to play blackjack and games with all the cards, chips, and craps, then why not build your own poker table. This will save you a lot of money and you'll be able to custom build a table that suits your style.
So now get your tools ready, follow these simple steps, and get your hands working for a new poker table for you and your friends to enjoy.
- First you need to cut your table top. Get a four-by-eight piece of plywood and shape it into an oval with the use of a jigsaw. Make sure you cut it smoothly without the jagged edges. Use a file or sand paper to smooth out the surface and the cut you did.
- Next you need to do your poker table railing. You can do this by getting another piece of plywood, the same size with the one you used for the table top. Now, place the table top on top of this second plywood and trace the shape with a pencil. Make sure you sketch it accurately.
- Set aside the table top piece and work on the railing. Cut it along the line you traced and smooth out the edges with sand paper just like in Step 1. Next, you need to measure five inches from the edge to the center. Cut a second oval. Your second piece should have an oval hole now at the center.
- Working on your table top, mark an inch all the way around. Drill small holes enough to take a jigsaw and cut it all the way around in one piece. This will serve as your lower railing. Attach this to the upper railing with screws. Smooth the edges as well with sandpaper or a sander.
- Flip your table top and glue the small oval piece you cut from Step 3 onto its back. Use wood screws to attach the two pieces together. Now you have a more stable poker table. Attach legs to the table depending how high you want it to be. Make sure the legs are of the same length so the table won't wobble.
- You're now almost done with the poker table. Again, smooth it out for an even working surface. Stick your foam to the table top by using adhesives and cover it with velveteen. Be sure to pull it tight before stapling it to the side of the table. Trim the excess velveteen off.
- Pad your railing with foam using the same steps. Set it on the table and screw it from the underside with wood screws. Don't use staples because it might not hold it for long.
- Clean your table with a dry cloth and let the adhesives sit for a while to dry.
Now you have your own poker table. You can now enjoy those casino games you love in the comfort of your own home. Invite your friends and amaze them with your own personalized and custom-built poker table.