Introduced to the market in 1931 by entrepreneurs Herman Fisher, Irving Price and Helen Schelle, Fisher-Price toys have been known in many parts of the world because of their quality and durability. These toys are updated with present trends to suit the modern taste of millennium youngsters and toy collectors. A few of the selections of Fisher-Price toys include dolls, building models, vehicles, aircraft and even musical and educational toys. Fisher-Price toys cater to children from all age ranges. In many American schools, Fisher-Price toys are used in classrooms to enhance both play and learning experiences among preschoolers. When buying Fisher-Price preschooler toys, take note of these tips:
- Make a quick study on the nature and character traits of preschool children. Take note of the kind of toys they prefer playing with. At this childhood stage, the imagination of a child is at its peak. Hence toys such as action figures, building models, aircraft as well as musical and educational toys are very well accepted by preschool kids.
- Go online and peruse over the selections of Fisher-Price preschooler toys that are available in toy stores in your area and online.
- Buy building or assembly toy kits. Apart from action figure toys that encourage the child’s imagination and creativeness, toy assembly kits are also enjoyed by preschoolers. There are kits (much like puzzles in three dimensions) available on Fisher-Price toy stores that allow children to design and build their own houses, buildings, castles, forests, carnivals and community models. As preschoolers engage in creating their own models with their own hands, their thoughts are trained to conceptualize independently. They also learn certain theories in these creative activities, which they can later apply when they grow up as mature individuals.
- Choose people figure models that represent personages in the community such as policemen, doctors, drivers, teachers, nurses and family members. As preschoolers play with these toys, they start to grasp the idea that people have their own roles in the community. Hence they develop a keen sense of observation and identification as they relate these figure models to the real world.
- Purchase tool kits. Fisher-Price Workshop tools are excellent preschooler toys for children who like fixing things. You can buy carpentry kits for boys and housekeeping toy stuff for girls.
- Select toys that hone the kids’ skills. Great Adventure toys from Fisher-Price toy selections are ideal items for children who love to play adventures and fantasy games. These toys help boost the preschoolers’ creative minds as well as allow them the freedom to explore their innate talents in craftsmanship.
- Take on toys that represent the real thing. Fisher-Price toys include selections of childproof real pocket cameras, karaoke sets, transistor radios, tape recorders and other electronic gadgets. The prices of these types of toys range from 8 to 40 dollars apiece. For sure, preschoolers will have a grand time playing with these “true-to-life” toys because they feel they are given the freedom to handle things that are ordinarily kept out of children’s reach.
- Do not limit your purchase of Fisher-Price preschooler toys with the basics. There are a lot more selections that you can choose from such as ViewMasters (slideshow), Magna Doodles and sports kits for sports inclined kids.
Fisher-Price preschooler toys are good investments for parents and schools alike. These toys help in developing the basic skills of children aside from helping them train how to manage self control and establish camaraderie through group play.