Old milk can replicas are very difficult to come by these days. They might not be available in some areas. Today's modern milk cans pale in comparison to the vintage milk cans used in the 1940s. So, a really good milk can is a blast from the past and a collector's item. Here are some of the ways where you can buy old milk can replicas.
- Search for it in sites like eBay. Getting eBay's recent milk can replica and crème replicas for sale with its carriers is one example of how you can acquire old milk can replicas. There may also be other items of the type and people who are interested in the same things that can help you find as many replicas as you can.
- Check with artist creations of replicas of old milk bottles. Artist creations are more edgy and they double as a decorative element for your home. Alyssa Ettinger has a very attractive collection of bottle replicas in her designs and they are readily for sale for interested buyers. Most websites promote Alyssa's milk bottles as a very good replica in place of the original.
- Get an account in online auction shops. Trade Me and other online auction shops offer their own version of milk can replicas for your benefit. If you make an account, you will always be updated for items of this sort and many others.
- Purchase it from mainstream online stores. If you are willing to shell out a bit higher than the clearance sale price, you can try the Amazon.com version of vintage milk bottle replicas with carrier. Major stores, from time to time, have them in the home décor category.
- Create your own milk replica. Frappuccino bottles sprayed with white are also a good way to create a replica of milk cans if you do not really get to find a nice one that tickles your fancy.
- Find old milk drinkers. Why settle for the duplicate if you can find the authentic milk bottles in passable condition? Get to know some old folks who are pack rats and ask them if they have some of the milk cans stashed away in their attic somewhere. You can also go door-to-door in your community and see who has them. This is a surefire way to get original milk tins that you can decorate further.
- Attend swapping events and be alert for clearance or garage sales in the neighborhood. These milk tin cans are not really the type that make in the supermarket but are often found in the most obscure sales in another person's garage and swapping events. The uniqueness of the vintage item adds to the fun of getting it the hard way.
Having a very nice set of milk tin replicas are really fabulous as topic of conversation, icebreaker and decoration for your home. These milk tin replicas outlast the trouble that it took you to acquire them and they are really worth waiting and persevering for.