Crocheting is a great hobby - especially for people who have a lot of spare time or for those who just want to have a productive hobby. If you are a newbie at crocheting, it can be a little tricky crocheting a hat.
Here is a step-by-step guide in making a hat using crochet. Remember, using a hook that is bigger will create looser stitches, whereas using a hook which is smaller will create stiffer stitches and consequently, result in a stiffer and warmer hat. The things that you will need are the following:
- Yarn or thread.
- Crochet hooks.
In making a hat using crochet, follow these steps:
- You can make use of a G hook in making an adult hat.
- Get the thread. One roll of thread is enough.
- Get a crochet hook with the ideal size and dimension for the thread.
- The round will be where you will start your stitches.
- Keep on doing this until the round reaches the ideal size or until the round is as big as your head top.
- Stitch increasing should be discontinued gradually. Perform two stitches alternately on the loop for a few rounds instead of two crochet for each loop, until your hat or your round fits your head comfortably. After this, the amount of rounds that you will create will establish height.
- Crochet enough rounds until it can now touch the ears.
- Try and fit your crocheted hat.
- You can now start making the brim by increasing your rounds.
You can follow these simple steps in making hats. If you want to create a different pattern like a scarf perhaps, you can look for instructions, or you can use your imagination and experiment. Crocheting is best learned from your grandmother, favorably with a plate of cookies or bread. Teaching yourself can get confusing at some point. The Internet also gives you a few great places for a beginner or a newbie to start. You can watch videos on YouTube.com to learn the basics or the fundamentals of crocheting. The moment you get the hang of it, you can now be comfortable with a number of basic stitches and patterns, and you can advance to a more complex pattern. You have to remember that this needs patience and perseverance. Make sure that you don't get frustrated right away. Following these guidelines will make crocheting as easy as ABC.