In a traditional wedding, a wedding veil is an important accessory to a wedding gown. In older days, it was primarily used by the bride to convey an image of modesty. This was done by covering the face. Today, veils are used as a beautiful and elegant accessory to the wedding gown. Wedding veils can be very expensive. With all the expenses in the wedding, it would be best to save on costs through designing and decorating your own wedding veil. With a few simple tips, you can easily create an elegant wedding veil without having to break the bank:
Here are a few simple tips on how to make your own wedding veil:
- Pick a design that matches your wedding gown. It should be in harmony with the design of the gown. This will make it seem well put together. Incorporate designs and embroideries found in your wedding gown. Also, make sure that the veil and the gown are in the same shade of white or cream. Consistency is very important.
- Buy a lot of tulle. Tulle is the usual material used when making wedding veils. They are very inexpensive, and are easily workable. Traditionally, the veil is 108 inches wide. However, it is up to you to decide on the length of the veil. It would be best to purchase a little more extra fabric just in case you need it.
- There are various designs in wedding veils. It would be best to look at various magazines to get an idea of the latest designs. They come in various lengths and opacities.
- Decorate your veil. Use beads to create detail on the veil. Usually, the most popular kinds are small, shiny beads, which add a touch of elegance and class. Pearls and other various beads can also be used, along with sequins. Ribbons are another popular material, which adds an air of innocence to the veil. You can easily sew the ribbon to the veil by hand.
- Use some lace to decorate your wedding veil. Choose a lace that is the same design as your wedding gown. Make sure that you coordinate the color of the lace with the color of the gown and veil. Do not use hot glue when attaching your lace, as this might burn the delicate fabric of the veil.
- Make sure not to over decorate your veil. This could make it too busy. You want it to be simple and elegant, so people give the attention to the bride. The point of the veil is to appear simple and modest. Creating an over-designed veil will stray from the idea.
Creating your own wedding veil can save you a lot of money. With a few simple ideas, you can transform a piece of tulle fabric into a beautiful, elegant veil that is personalized to your preferences. These simple tips will help you create and decorate a wedding veil easily.