When you hear of PSP, the very first thing that would probably come to your mind is games. In fact, if you actually have one, you must have spent hours playing the latest role-playing games with it. After the many times you have drained and recharged your batteries, you may not have discovered yet all the wonderful things you can do with your PSP. Its creators may not be amused at how some of its features are left unused and you will just miss enjoying the rest of your device’s highlights such as playing your favorite videos. Perhaps, you just do not know how to download videos, that is why you never get the chance of watching these on your PSP.
You do not have to be techno geek just to watch movies or video clips on your PSP. Video downloading does not even require you to have so many advanced electronic gadgets around you. Here are some easy steps to do it.
- Check first how much storage memory your PSP has. This rarely happens but if it runs below 512 MB, then you should either prepare a memory stick or upgrade it with a higher capacity memory card. Next, get yourself and your PSP near a personal computer and have a USB cable ready.
- Switch off your PSP and log on to your computer. If you are planning to download online movies or the latest pop hits such as Eminem videos, then make sure your PC is connected to the Internet. Connect your PSP to the PC using the USB. After the connection has been made, switch on your PSP.
- A prompt will appear on your PC screen, which will ask what you are going to do with the device connected to you computer. Open your PSP and make two folders. Name one MP_ROOT and the other 100mnv01.
- If your videos are already stored in your PC drive you can just copy it to the 100mnv01 folder in your PSP. However, if these are not in MP4 format, you will have to convert it before copying it or else your PSP will not be able to play it for you. If it is on 3GP, for example, a format mostly used by phone videos, you will have to convert it to MP4 with the use of a video converter that you can easily download free from the Internet.
- In downloading directly from the Internet, make sure also that the format is MP4. Album videos are usually in MP4 already. However, those meant for mobile phones such as WAP videos may need conversion being normally in 3GP. Save these also in the 100mnv01 folder in your PSP.
These are the easy steps to take when you download videos to your PSP. When all these are done, you are ready to watch these videos anywhere you take the PSP, making it a little package of total entertainment.