Education has gone a long way since it was first formalized by the geniuses who started it thousands and thousands of years ago. From the first and most basic believer–philosopher relationship, a lot of developments and changes in teacher-student relationship have progressed in our dynamic, ever-changing world.
In the recent decades, personal computing has achieved its greatest heights and has influenced the way all of us work. With the proliferation of computers around the world, and the easier access to the Internet, various avenues of learning have presented themselves in one way or another. One of the latest developments in Internet learning is what we call File Folder Games. Read on through the rest of the article to find out how you can make the most out of this exciting new academic advancement activity, to your and your kids’ benefits.
- Access. There are many sources of file folder games – from local libraries, to bookstores, and even the Internet. Browse through these resources and choose what you think can spark the interests of your kids and maximize learning at the same time.
- Save. Once you have accessed these files, make several photocopies of the ones you deem fit for you and your kids. If you have found your resource materials in the Internet, make sure you bookmark these sites for future references.
- Prepare. From these resources, you can find the materials you need to create your very own, personalized file folder game. To start, cut out the necessary pieces of the game. It is best to laminate them first and then cut out properly so you don’t cut out any part of the pieces. Regarding the game board (also available with the pieces), print the ones you like and buy several folders. Glue the different game boards onto the inside flaps of the folders.
- Organize. Once you have the necessary pieces, arrange and organize them so you can have different sets for different times you may need to have your kids play them. It is best to buy several plastic envelopes for their respective storage then label them accordingly.
- Implement. You must bring any number of these file folders with you so you can play with your kids in times you have to wait and sit around (e.g. waiting for your turn to be called in the doctor’s clinic for a medical check-up). Remember to keep them handy so you don’t forget – and one way of doing this is to have a presentation folder that compiles all of the different file folder games that you have done.
- Enjoy. This is a fun way of calling and keeping your kids’ attention especially when you have extra-aggressive kids. Many experts believe that this approach is one of the best and most effective ways you can influence your kids to a fun, positive learning. Medical specialists even state that this approach is widely used for children with mental disabilities, as well. So, make the most out of your time, resources and quality time with your children by using fun and academically challenging file folder games!