Online games are fodder for social animals nowadays. Action and role-playing games cramp the list. But old, trusty mind games such as crossword puzzles have not lost their taste. The flair for word games has increased even. E-readers and tablets, the newest commodities in the high technology realm, integrate this sort of play in their makeup.
But how you wish there were printable puzzles out there. You do not have all the time to spend in front of a LCD or LED screen, so you prefer to take the game out. Your search for crosswords is up in a moment. Read up on the available resources here.
- Pick your style. First off is bestcrosswords.com. This virtual play-world contains crosswords in America's or Britain’s fashion. Here is how to print out any of the available editions of the puzzles on the site. By clicking the Get Started button, you will be redirected to the option Casual Printable. Click that and you will be shown a series of games, including those freshly pressed seven and those in the back issue from last month.
- Pick your size. The site crosswordpuzzlegames.com offers a set of these boxed brainteasers in several grid sizes. The smallest spans 12x 12, and the largest 18x18. The selection for each size shows 90 items, which is a great deal to devour. The homepage provides a link for printing out the puzzles of your choice.
- Explore new horizons. Not only do they challenge your word power, crosswords challenge your entire mind power as well. With puzzlechoice.com, you can act like a sage in tackling mystic concepts, or an interpreter of cryptic codes, or be a typical crossword enthusiast who cannot wait to get his or her hands on the printed version. Puzzle Choice is, indeed, all about choices. It is up to you to choose which type fits your interests.
- Go back to the basic. The most popular platform for crosswords puzzles is the daily. USA Today takes this concept to another level by bringing in the game to its daily online edition. It gives you the choice to play online or print out your puzzle. By going to this page, puzzles.usatoday.com, you can access any wordplay you want to immerse yourself into at the moment. The items are compiled by date. The archives are also filled with past publications.
- Subscribe to dailies. If you are deep into it, throwing in a little amount can help you get out of famous newspapers some of the best crosswords puzzles out there. One of the dailies that require paid subscription is The New York Times. But not all comes with a charge. You can find free subscriptions from online newspapers if you are a bit patient in your search.
There will always be a way for word games to enter the scene, even that of high technology. Crossword puzzles are timeless, can be considered a classic, and can be passed on as a cultural heirloom to the next generation. Who knows but that your copy, and your answers, will get into the archives of the future.