The human brain needs regular exercise and stimulation to keep it sharp and functioning well. What better way to do this but to immerse yourself in logic puzzle games and brain teasers from time to time. Here's a list of some of the best logic puzzle games and books you might want to try out with your friends and family.
- World's Best Logic Puzzles - This particular edition was published in 2008 by Seven Treasures Publications and contains 140 pages of a variety of puzzles and games. This action-packed book is divided into six categories according to the skills used: Mathematical Reasoning Puzzles, which combines both mathematical skills and logic; Discrete Reasoning Puzzles, which would put any logic solver to the test; Logic Riddles; Lateral Thinking Puzzles, which includes classic puzzles sure to be a favorite for any social gathering; Practical Reasoning Puzzles, which are interesting puzzles using real life situations; and Realistic and Tricky Puzzles - be prepared to solve an engaging teaser puzzle or a mind puzzle.
- Martin Gardner Puzzle Books - Martin Gardner is a noted math puzzle and logic expert. For decades of his life and career, he has published many logic puzzle pieces and books. Check out any of these titles that would surely keep your brain preoccupied - in a much more fun and healthier way.
- The Colossal Book of Short Puzzles and Problems - Any logic puzzle connoisseur and brain teaser aficionado would delight in this latest Martin Gardner collection. This book is colossal indeed containing more than 300 illustrations and chock-full of puzzles grouped and arranged from the easiest to the most difficult and mind-boggling ones. Aside from nine new math puzzles included by Gardner, the book also has solutions, answers, etc. at the back.
- The Colossal Book of Mathematics: Classic Puzzles, Paradoxes, and Problems - This is the ultimate math puzzle lover's dream. Published in 2001, the book contains 50 math puzzles and games that touch many subjects like basic arithmetic algebra, geometry, trigonometry, infinity, topology, etc. The book is also accompanied by 320 line drawings. Many problems need to be solved on pen and paper.
- My Best Mathematical and Logic Puzzles - In this volume published in 1994, he has compiled 70 pieces of his best brain teasers and puzzles, derived from his own mathematical games column. Puzzle enthusiasts likewise would enjoy new and challenging mind puzzles with exciting titles like The Mutilated Chessboard, The Returning Explorer, Scrambled Box Tops, The Fork in the Road, Touching Cigarettes, Bronx vs. Brooklyn, and many more. This book also includes solutions, answers, etc. at the back.
- Perplexing Puzzles and Tantalizing Teasers - This 1988 volume is a compilation of 93 logic and math puzzles including brain-teasers, riddles, questions, and problems with a twist of humor and wit that would surely keep anyone engaged for hours. Solutions, answers, etc. are included at the back.
- Entertaining Mathematical Puzzles - This 1986 volume focuses on math puzzles not only intended for the math genius. A basic knowledge of math will help anyone solve these math-related brain teasers. The book contains 65 illustrations accompanied by solutions for each problem.
- Puzzle Square Books - Puzzle Square author Luke Hall has compiled classic and new puzzles for both novices and experts alike. There are three books published around 2006: Puzzle Square Brain Teasers, Mind Benders, and Brain Teasers all include a variety of activities like Sudoku, math puzzles, number grids, logic puzzles, logic problems, sequential puzzles, and battleships.
Try your hand at any of these logic puzzle games and books and give your brain a much deserved exercise. It's never too late to sharpen your logic and mathematical skills. Now you know how to share logic puzzle games and books with your family and friends in gatherings to infuse some fun and learning.