A bracket, a term used in sports tournaments, usually refers to the graphical illustration of a series of games. Brackets can adapt to the different types of tournaments. It could be a single elimination bracket, double elimination bracket or a triple elimination bracket and more. It shows the different teams or players that will compete for the title in a league.
There are a number of tournament bracket makers or builders. These are software generators that provide a computerize program in making tournament brackets. Such programs are as follows:
- Tournament Bracket Builder 1.2 – This is an html based program that can be modified depending on the series of games and the number of teams/players in a tournament. This can be downloaded for free and will run on Windows Vista, NT, Windows 95, Me, XP, NT and Windows 98.
- HotBrackets.com – This is a free online portal for sport events, recreational events and video game competitions. They offer printable brackets for tournaments and games. You can create simple brackets and can customize depending on the number of players and teams. You can visit their site for free download of the software.
- Northbyte - This is the maker of Tourney Master 3, a tournament program that can generate tournament brackets, schedule games, seed the teams and can print or export tournament brackets. This software can be use with popular sports such as softball, baseball, basketball, chess, hockey, martial arts and many more. You can choose from the three products to create your brackets Tourney Master 3 Basic, Tourney Master 3 Professional and Tourney Master 3 Ultimate. This tournament software is compatible with Windows XP, ME, Vista, Windows 98, and Windows 2000.
- All Tournament Pro – This software is simple, you can even create a blank set of brackets for experimental purposes. You can create brackets for single, double elimination, round robin and more with this tournament software.
- IMTrack – is a program that creates brackets for teams.
These are just some of the tournament bracket maker software choices. There are others available depending on the sports tournament. The likes of cornhole tournament brackets that generate brackets for this game is a bit different. Their site offers sample brackets and blank sheets which you can manipulate and study. playcornhole.org. There are also many bracket makers for basketball leagues, baseball, softball and tennis. Such are NCAA Bracket Master 2K 1, Youth Baseball League Brackets, CBS Sports Sample Brackets and many more.