If there is a video game that you really like and you would like to have the theme song or any other song from that game play on your cell phone, it can easily be done! Just follow these easy steps and you will be on your way to having your own video game ring tone on your cell phone in no time.
- First, pick a song that you would like to have as your new video game-themed ring tone.
- Check with your cell phone provider, either on their website or through your phone, to make sure that the video game ring tone you've selected is available.
- As with many cell phone providers, there you'll often find more than one ring tone from the same song. Be sure to listen to them all to choose the one that you enjoy the most.
- Once you have selected the video game ring tone you like best, push the download button. In most cases, a text message will be sent to your phone confirming that you wish to purchase the desired gaming ring tone. Select "yes" if you are sure that this is the ring tone that you want. Be sure to have your credit card ready if you are looking at ring tones from an online provider, because they do not always bill straight to your cell phone; many of them request that you pay up front.
- Once the text message has come through on your phone, open it up and follow the directions that your cell phone company provides to install your new ring tone.
- Once your gaming ring tone has successfully installed on your cell phone, go to the settings on your phone and chose the sound settings. Preview the video game ring tone and make sure that there was no problem with the download.
- If you are satisfied with the sound of your new gaming ring tone then choose the "ringer" setting and set the song as your new ring tone.
With many cell phone companies, you also have the option to set different ring tones to play for different individuals. If you would prefer that your new gaming ring tone only play for select people, then go into your contacts and select an individual by name. If your cell phone company give you the option, select the "assign ring tone" button and pick the song you wish to hear when that person calls.