Having your facebook poker chips hacked is never fun, but as online social games become more and more popular hackers and phishers have come up with new ways to steal players' valuable virtual currencies in these games. They've become more and more clever over the years, hiding viruses in supposed facebook poker cheat programs that they advertise or emailing websites designed to steal passwords. However they managed to steal your facebook chips, here are some steps to get the ball rolling towards having them refunded to you by the game designers.
- Visit the website of the specific game developer. For example, if you play in Zynga's texas holdem poker game you'll need to visit their home page and locate their "support" section. Here they will have instructions on how to contact them and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Fill out a support ticket. In order to get your facebook poker chips back you'll need to register and on the site and fill out a form with all your contact information so that the administrators can contact you.
- Explain how your account was hacked and your poker chips were stolen. Be sure to include the time and date, and any relevant server or room information to better help them pinpoint the event.
- Provide a link to your profile on whatever social network you play on. If you play in myspace poker games you'll need to provide your myspace profile URL, if you play in facebook poker games you'll need to provide your facebook profile URL and so on. This can be copy and pasted from the address bar at the top of your web browser.
- After submitting all the necessary information, be sure to check your email regularly incase they have any questions or further inquiries about your account. Sometimes they will ask you to confirm that you have reset your password and login information and run a full virus scan to be sure that it doesn't happen again.
Follow these steps to ensure that you get the ball rolling on the process as quickly as possible. You should hear back from the game developers in a few days and it might take up to a week for your facebook poker chips to get refunded, so be patient and remember to never click on links that you don't trust in the future.