You can see graffiti artwork wherever you go. These colorful works of art are not easy to recreate. It takes some skill to do what graffiti artists draw on walls and pavements. You can try and learn how to draw graffiti letters on your own. All it takes is a little practice to get better in doing this. Learn how to do graffiti letters by reading the instructions provided below.
Follow these instructions to learn how to draw graffiti letters:
- Practice on paper. Get a piece of paper and pencil and start to practice writing letters. Since you are just learning how to draw graffiti letters, you do not have to make it look 3-D. Just practice drawing each letter according to how you see it. You can make your own style. Some of the popular graffiti letters appear with sharp edges while others have more curved sides.
- Experiment on the letters. After working on the basic structure of the letters, you can add your own style to it. There is no right or wrong thing to do in this step. Putting style to the letters is up to you. You just have to make sure that the letters are still readable. See what works best and make that your personal style for drawing graffiti letters.
- Add color to the text. Try to form a word with your graffiti letters. Draw the outline of your style. Afterwards, you can color in the letters in any color that you want. Most graffiti artists work with bright and bold colors. You can add geometrical designs or different shapes on your work to make it more interesting.
Drawing graffiti can take time to learn. The more you practice, the easier it will be for you to draw graffiti. There are also other sources where you can get some tips and tricks when drawing graffiti letters. Check out the sources that are provided below:
- Graff Tube – Graff Tube is a website that you can go to if you want to view videos of people doing graffiti. There are plenty of videos available and you can watch them so that you can learn some tips from people who are already good in doing graffiti. Observe their work and think of ways on how you can improve your own.
- Bomb It – If you are really into graffiti and you want to learn everything about it, you can purchase the DVD Bomb It by Jon Reiss. The DVD explains the history of graffiti and its influence in today’s culture.
These are the options that you have if you want to learn how to do
graffiti letters. If you practice everyday, you will develop your skills
and see an improvement in your work. Have a sketchbook and some
coloring and drawing materials with you so that you can work on your
graffiti ideas wherever you are. Once you are good at drawing graffiti
letters, you can move on to more advanced graffiti such as drawing of
different images of objects and people.