Duct tape is becoming not only economical and practical in its many uses, but fashionable and functional, as well. It doesn't cost very much, but can be used in a multitude of creative ways, from clothing and accessories, to closing boxes, to funky jewelry and decorative items. Have you ever wanted a unique bowl to decorate your room? Why not make one out of duct tape! All you'll need to get started is duct tape of your choice and a pair of scissors. You might want a ruler to measure exact lengths, or just be creative and eye the cuts for length - your choice.
Duct tape comes in so many colors and designs now, from neon to the plain silver, so that a duct tape bowl is definitely unique to your own style. So, once your duct tape has been chosen, it's time to cut.
- You'll need about eight pieces of tape, each about a foot in length.
- With two of those eight strips, making sure the sticky side is facing up, form a cross shape.
- Now that you have one cross, set it aside, and repeat the same cross-making action for the rest of the six duct tape strips. You should have four crosses in all when everything is said and done.
- Now, take two of the sticky-side up crosses and form an asterisk shape with them.
- Once that is formed, set aside and make another asterisk shape with the last two crosses.
- You'll now have two large duct tape asterisk shapes to work with, which is what you needed.
- Turn one of the asterisks sticky-side down and place it directly over the other asterisk shape, which should be sticky-side up. You'll be sticking the two shapes together, to form the inside of your bowl.
- You know have two non-sticky asterisks that are joined. Take the top point of the asterisk, and connect it with tape directly to the point to the right of it.
- Continue that pattern all the way around the bowl until all the pieces are joined together.
- Take some more duct tape, and run it around the top edge of the bowl to form a smooth edge.
- Trim any unnecessary pieces with your scissors, and voila! You have a duct tape bowl of your own creation.
Use it to hold keys, odds and ends, change, or anything else you might have a need to keep in a convenient place.