Having a jewelry box is something that you should consider if you have a lot of accessories and jewelry. However, your necklaces and bracelets tend to get jumbled up and knotted together. This is such a hassle, especially if you are in a hurry. What you need is a jewelry rack for jewelry that you often wear. This way, you won’t have a hard time looking for the jewelry that you’d like to wear.
Buying a jewelry rack can cost you. What you can do is make your own by buying the materials that you need for the project. Not only will this be cheaper, you will also have the chance to personalize your jewelry rack.
Here are the steps on how you can make your own jewelry rack:
- Gather all the materials. First, gather all the materials that you are going to use for this project. The things that you will need are a peg board, several pegs, glue, duct tape and hooks. You can also prepare some trimmings or decorative items that you want to decorate your jewelry rack with. If you do not have a peg board handy, you can get one from your local hardware store.
- Mounting the peg board. The peg board will serve as the base for the jewelry rack. Mount the peg board where you want your jewelry rack to be. Use glue to attach the peg board on the wall. Secure the edges of the peg board with duct tape so that you can work with the peg board even if the glue is still wet.
- Attaching the hooks and pegs. Attach hooks and pegs on the peg board. The number of hooks and pegs that you will use depends on how much jewelry you have. You can have a separate hook for each accessory so that you jewelry rack will be organized. Put a distance between the hooks so that the long necklaces won’t tangle with each other.
- Decorating the jewelry rack. Once you are done attaching the hooks and pegs, the next thing to do is to decorate the jewelry rack. Use some ribbons or stickers to do this. Decorating the jewelry rack is entirely up to you. You can choose to stick photos on the parts of the peg board where there are no hooks.
- Using the jewelry rack. After decorating, let the glue completely dry. Remove the duct tape on the sides of the peg board. Segregate your jewelries and hang it on the peg board. Now you have a rack where you can easily see all your jewelries!
These are the easy steps on how you can make your own jewelry rack without spending a lot of money. You can also do this with other accessories that you have, such as a rack for your hats or for your belts. Let your imagination flow and you will surely come up with other ideas that will help you organize all the stuff in your room.