A kissing ball is a ball that is made of flowers. This is an alternative to carrying a bouquet while walking down the aisle. Aside from being bouquet substitutes, these kissing balls are also great for wedding decorations. Purchasing kissing balls for a wedding celebration can be really expensive. What you can do is to create your own kissing balls for the wedding.
You can gather all your bridesmaids and ask their help in making these wonderful decorations. You can even bond with each other while you do these kissing balls. Here are the steps on how you can make your own kissing balls for your wedding decorations:
- Materials. For this project, you will need Styrofoam balls, glue gun and glue sticks, flowers, ribbons and scissors. Purchase the number of kissing balls that you will need for the celebration. You can get them in different sizes for variety. Choose the type of flowers that you will use for this project. If you are worried about the flowers wilting before the celebration even begins, what you can do is to purchase artificial flowers.
- Preparation. Plug in the glue gun to the power supply to heat up the glue stick. While waiting for the glue to be hot, you can already prepare the flowers that you will stick on the Styrofoam balls. Pluck out the flowers from the stems so that you have everything ready.
- Gluing the flowers. Once the glue gun is already hot, you can start sticking the flowers on the Styrofoam balls. Glue the flowers one at a time, being careful to hold the flower in place while the glue dries. This will only take a few seconds. Go over the Styrofoam ball until the whole surface is covered with flowers. The design of the kissing ball is entirely up to you. You can even glue on the leaves for additional decoration.
- Sticking the ribbon. Once the Styrofoam ball has been covered with flowers, the next thing you have to do is to attach a ribbon. Look for a spot on the Styrofoam ball where you can stick the ribbon. You can choose to make a long loop, a short loop, or a ribbon tie for the ribbon. The choice is up to you.
- Let the balls dry. After making all the kissing balls, remember to put them aside for a few minutes to make sure that everything is dry before using. Tampering with the kissing balls when the glue is still wet can damage the kissing balls.
These are the simple steps on how you can create your own kissing balls to use for wedding decorations. This is a good idea for a wedding as it does not only save you a lot of money, it is also a unique alternative to flower bouquets. You can get more inspiration on how you can create different kissing balls by searching for some designs online. You can also use kissing balls for Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, birthdays and other special events.