Gift baskets are a good gift to give anyone for almost any event. If you are invited to a house warming or even to a birthday, what you can do is to make your own kitchen gift basket to give as a gift. This is not only way cheaper than buying a gift, it is also useful and easy to make. This is a great gift to give chefs and people who love to cook.
Here are the tips on how you can make your own kitchen gift basket:
- Gather materials needed. First, gather all the materials that you need for making the gift basket. You will need, a basket, the contents of the basket, a ribbon, a card, cellophane, scissors and a card. You do not need to purchase a new basket. You can just recycle an old basket lying around your house. This way, you will save more money that you can use to buy the contents of the basket.
- What to include. You can include a variety of things inside your kitchen gift basket. Some of the useful items that you can include are recipe books, spices and seasoning, utensils, measuring spoons and cups, a small pan, an oven thermometer and many more. It is up to you what you want to include in the basket.
- Arranging the basket. Get all the things you need so that you have everything within reach. Arrange the items that you bought inside the basket in such a way that every item will be seen when viewed. You can put the big items in the middle and arrange all the other items around it. This way, you can view the kitchen basket in any direction.
- Packing the basket. When you are already happy with your arrangement, it is time to enclose the basket in the cellophane. Make sure that your cellophane can fit around the basket. Lay the cellophane on a flat surface. Find the center of the cellophane and place the basket there. Gather the sides of the cellophane and tie the ribbon to pack the basket. You can also use different types of wrapping paper instead of cellophane.
- Greeting card. The last step is to attach the greeting card. You can punch a hole on the greeting card and insert the ribbon through it. Write a short greeting on the card and do not forget to sign your name.
These are the simple steps on how you can create your own kitchen gift basket that you can give as a present or a house warming gift. You can also use this idea for doing bathroom baskets, bedroom baskets, baby baskets and many more!
To get inspiration for the contents and design of the baskets, you can check online on websites of gift baskets. You will see how they arrange the contents of the basket and what they use for packaging materials. Your gift will surely be appreciated by the one who will receive it.