It’s easy to dress up a church pew for a wedding or special occasion with a few simple ribbons and flowers. If you want to add your own special touch to the rows of pews or decorate the aisle of the church, consider the following few steps to make a lovely bow:
Tools and Materials (Materials are per bow):
- 1 6-8-foot length of 6-inch wide ribbon or tulle fabric
- 3 fresh cut roses
- Tacky glue
- Start with a simple bow. Use the pew if you are making the bow at the church, but if you are making them at home, use a chair back of similar size. Loop the length of ribbon or tulle around the chair back and pull the ends so that they are even lengths in front of the pew end. Make a simple bow like you are tying shoe laces.
- Secure the bow knot. Make sure to pull the bow tight so it doesn’t slip.
- Decorate the bow with flowers. Cut the roses to 6-inch stems and insert them into the knot of the bow. Position the flowers to your liking and tighten the knot. If necessary, use a dab of tacky glue to hold the knot tight and the flowers inside.
- Cut and arrange the ribbon ends. Arrange the ends so they drape on the floor without being a tripping hazard. Cut the ends shorter if that is your desire. Have fun with the church pew bows and make them your own.
- Repeat the above steps for as many bows as you need. Use your decorations on every row, or only a few rows. Do whatever you think will look the best.
Sometimes the simplest things are the best, so don’t overdo your bows. Stick with simple color combinations and designs for the most elegant of looks you are sure to remember for years to come.