Common as it is, giving a birthday card to someone that you love is a proven way to bring a smile to that person's face. This shows that he is important. However, you can make it even more special by having the card pop-up when he is opening it. This will make your greetings unique and you will surely be remembered. Don't worry about the time and cost, it is very quick and easy. It will cost you next to nothing to create your one of a kind pop-up card. All you will need are some basic supplies such as a pair of scissors and some colored or craft paper. You can even use old magazines. All that's left is to put on your creative hat and you can begin following these simple steps on how to make your very own pop-up birthday card!
1. Prepare the following materials:
- 2 plain white-colored card stock or any colored paper
- A picture of anything that you would like to pop-out of the card
- Colored pens
2. Now that you have all the materials that you need, pick one card stock or colored paper and cut it in a rectangular shape. It is really up to you how big you want your card to be but a regular greeting card size would be just fine. Make sure all sides are even. It would be helpful if you draw a line first by using a ruler and a pencil on the area where you're going to cut it.
3. Once done, fold the paper neatly in half.
4. On the folded edge of the card, create a flap by doing two cuts, around 3 centimeters in length, with a distance of at least an inch from each other.
5. Open the folded paper in a ninety-degree angle and push the flap up towards you. Then make a crease in the center.
6. Select a picture that you want to use and put it inside the pop-up. Facing you, fasten the photo by gluing it on the flap. You may also paste a picture and use it as the background of your pop-up, giving it a bit of zing, with an almost three-dimensional quality to it.
7. While waiting for the glue to dry, you can start writing your message with colored pens.
8. You are almost done. Once you're finished writing your message, close the card carefully and put it inside an envelope. Furnish it with a kiss and you are now ready to send it to your loved one.
Here are some tips you can do to make a spectacular pop-up birthday card:
- Use glue with glitters to make your card sparkle.
- Add stickers, beads or shells to accentuate it, making it more unique and personal.
- Try using fabric pens to make the letters stand out.
- Make sure your scissors are clean and sharp. This will help keep your card neat. Using a rusty or dull pair of scissors may damage or stain your card.
So there you have it. This is a sure way to get that huge grin out from the faces of your families and friends! With tons of creative ideas, you can alter your regular card to a fantastic pop-up card in no time.