Imagine a future free from gun violence. This is the slogan of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, a Washington D.C.-based coalition with members comprising 48 organizations who advocate to reduce gun violence through through good public policy and research. Indeed, there is an urgent call for people to always choose peace over violence, and when guns and rifles are freely sold in the open and black market despite control measures and laws, then, it means the law lacks the teeth for enforcement.
Here, you will learn how to make a rifle silencer, but this is in no way an encouragement for you to become violent, irresponsible, reckless, and a menace to the pursuit of peace. Use this tutorial to add to your mental library as stock knowledge and as something that is a lesson in discovery and curiosity. Besides, only law enforcement people are allowed to carry silenced weapons.
To make a silencer for .22 caliber rifle, you will need the following:
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) – About 8-14 inches long and around the diameter of a garden hose. This will be your silencer pole.
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) – About 6 inches long and around the diameter of a plastic soda container. This will be the thickest portion of the silencer.
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) rings – Buy 4 pieces of small round ones with varying diameters that can fit around the silencer pole.
- Electrical tape
- .22 caliber rifle
- Plastic ballpen case
- Ridged bed foam
- Rubber bands
- Glue Gun
- Glue sticks
- Get a length of PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) that fits the barrel of your rifle then, cut it down to the needed size. This is usually half the length of your .22 caliber rifle.
- Take a drill with the smallest drill point and drill very small holes all around the PVC.
- Take a whole batch of electrical tape and cover the nozzle or front and middle portion of the PVC with thick layers of the black tape.
- Then take the 4 pieces of the PVC rings and fit each two together to form a thick, round dome. Secure together with electrical tape. Now you have two pieces of PVC rings on each. Proceed by placing each one on the nozzle or front portion and on the middle portion of the PVC right on top of the thick layers of electrical tape.
- Take the plastic ballpen case and insert it on the hole of the opening of the nozzle.
- Cover the whole area again with electrical tape.
- Take your ridged bed foam and cut a square large enough to cover the distance between the PVC rings that you placed on the front and middle portions of the pole silencer. Secure the whole area of the ridged bed foam with rubber bands.
- Take the thickest portion of the PVC and fit it on top of the ridged bed foam for added insulation.
- Use your glue gun and hot-glue all the parts covered with electrical tape to ensure that it is airtight.
- Take the finished silencer and fit it into the exposed portion or the long-nosed nozzle of your rifle.