Ah, the slam book, a notebook that is typically passed around to every person in a class in order to gather their insights on a specific topic. Those were the days, huh? Slam books were commonly used in high school and were a great way to know something about some of your classmates. Today, the slam book has evolved into digital formats such as blogs, online journals, and forums. Back in the day, a simple notebook was the format. Assuming that you want to create an old school slam book, here are some of the steps to create it.
- Start with the cover. Well, this may be somewhat optional since a slam book can be a simple school notebook. The most important part of the book is the content filled up by the people you pass it to. However, the tradition of the slam book involves designing it intricately, at least the cover of the book. Thus, you will start with the cover. First off, you may want to change the color of the cover. You can wrap it in fabric or art paper. Some people may go farther by wrapping it with stylishly handcrafted material. It is up to you really. You can embellish it with stickers and other forms of print. In the end, make sure to place a title catchy title that will make it stand out from the rest of your other notebooks. Protect your design by wrapping it with plastic cover.
- Proceed with the title page. The first page of the notebook will be your title page. Your title should be plainly written here along with other graphics or images you think is appropriate. Aside from these, you will want to include a short description about the book, what it is for, how to use it, etc…
- Write your first topic. On the next page, write the first topic of the slam book. For instance, “what will you be doing once you graduate?” may be a good topic or question to start with. Below that, add your name as well as your answer. Below your answer, allow spaces for the next answer and so forth. Make sure to label each space with the name of the person you want an answer from.
- Continue with the rest of the pages. After each topic and the spaces given for the answers, write more topics that you want them to answer. Repeat the process in step 3.
- Do it another way. Another way of doing this is by creating a profile on the notebook of each person that you want participating. Each page should contain fields like the name of the person, age, and other general info. Once that is done, continue with the topics you want them to answer. Number each topic properly. Replicate this profile page on the other pages of the notebook.
Once you are done creating your slam book, pass it around. Make sure to
let the person you passed it to, that he or she should return the book
to you after filling it up so that you can read it and pass it on to the
next person in your list.