Figurines of angels don't only make a good home decoration but a good collectible as well. Angel figurines are gifts sent from above, and they bring comfort and joy to your home. Some may possibly be made from gold and porcelain, although another popular color combination is black and white, but all of them hold a lofty message of hope. If you are interested in making your own angels figurines, then here are some helpful tips:
Prepare the materials. You will need the following:
- 1.2 kg Plaster of Paris
- 3-4" model of angels figurine
- Modeling clay
- 250 g silicone rubber
- 360 g of water
- Pieces of gauze (square)
- 12.5 g of catalyst
- Cotton swab
- Plastic straw
- Mixing bowl
- Small knife
- Paint brush
- 20g of dyes
- Combine the catalyst and rubber silicone.
- On a piece of cardboard, apply a coating of the rubber silicone combination to the figurine. Leave an allowance down the four sides of the cardboard.
- Apply an extra coating of the rubber silicone to the attached cardboard and angel figurine model. Use the plastic straw to waft if any bubble forms, then let it dry for a while.
- Apply second coating of rubber silicone combination to the angel figurine model.
- Position the pieces of gauze you cut (squares) on the angel figurine model. Use the spatula to press the pieces of gauze into the angel figurine model.
- Apply the combination to the angel figurine model and let it dry for thirty minutes.
- Squeeze the clay into the gaps.
- Flatten the clay using the spatula and let it dry for a while.
- Combine 1kg of Plaster of Paris and 300g of water in a mixing bowl. Mix the two until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the Plaster of Paris above each mold. Wait until the Plaster of Paris becomes solid and let it dry for 25 minutes.
- Take away the support from the model.
- Wet the cardboard so you can take out the mold easily.
- Use the small knife in removing the model from the mold.
- Combine 200g of Plaster of Paris and 60g of water in a mixing bowl. Mix the two until it becomes gluey.
- Apply the combination using the brush, and make sure that the gaps are covered with the combination you have just made.
- Let it dry for 25 minutes.
- Take out the casts from the mold. Use the small knife to polish the body.
- Using the paint brush, paint the angel figurine models. You can paint it with light or dark colors.
- You can add a halo or perfume to make your angel figurines more unique.
When you need a little inspiration or you would like to inspire your family and friends, create your own angel figurines at home and bring smiles today.