Collage picture frames make great gift items. You can also make them to have new picture frames that you can use without having to buy new ones from craft stores. Unleash your creativity and make a new collage picture frame with the old picture frames that you have at home. You can do this by using some decorative items that you have and by purchasing some materials that you need from the arts and crafts store.
Here are the steps on how you can make your own collage picture frame by yourself:
- Materials. Purchase or gather all the materials that you need for the project. You will need a picture frame, sandpaper, paintbrush, paint in the color of your choice, wood glue, sealant and some materials for the collage. You can use anything that you like. Some of the options that you have are wrapping paper, pictures, buttons and ribbons, twigs, etc.
- Prepare the picture frame. Use sandpaper to get rid of the loose paint on the frame and to polish the surface. Paint the picture frame in the color that you want. It will be better if you paint the picture frame in two coats. Wait for the paint to dry before you apply another coat. Let the picture frame dry for a while. While waiting for it to dry, you can proceed with the next step.
- Make a pattern of your collage. Make a pattern on how you are going to make your collage. This is a good thing to do so that you can make sure that you have a place for everything that you are going to stick on the picture frame. Remember that you can use anything for the collage. You don’t have to purchase items from the craft store. Just be creative and gather some stuff from your house. You can even use some items from your garden.
- Make the collage picture frame. When the paint on the picture frame is dry, you can start gluing the items that you want in your collage. Apply a generous amount of glue and firmly stick the items on the picture frame. Allow the glue to completely dry before your proceed with the next step. To be sure, set aside the picture frame overnight.
- Apply sealant. Once the glue on the frame is dry, the next step is to apply sealant over your collage. It will be best if you apply several coats of sealant so to protect the picture frame.
These are the steps on how you can make your own picture frame collage. The steps are quite easy! You can make several of these and use them as gift items. They are also decorative items on their own. Display them in your house so that you can impress your guests with the collage picture frames that you made!