Creating your own embroidery design may sound complicated but with the correct steps, it is actually very easy to make one. You see, all embroidery machines have their own styles. Each has a preset pattern to get the intended visual result on the fabric. However, there is only one basic hoop technique that you can easily play around with. The key is understanding how the machine works and how the hoops are being looped. So just put on your learning cap and explore the step by step guide on how to make custom embroidery designs.
- First, you need to create a design. Make sure you put it in paper by drawing it or printing it out from your computer. It is recommended though that you print your design on your computer. You can either scan your drawing or by browsing on line, you can easily find plenty of designs that are already digitized. This can save you time and effort while giving you a professional quality to it.
- Once you have your art ready, put it in the designated fabric. As soon as you have decided where you'd want to place your design, look for the smallest hoop (the tauter it is, the tighter the embroidery would be). Make sure you mark it by using a temporary fabric pen.
- Make your printed design as your guide. First, lay the fabric on a flat surface and put the design on top. You then set the outer hoop. Make sure your design is at the center before you start embroidering.
- You need to secure the fabric by placing a hand on the inner hoop. Apply equal pressure by pressing down on the both sides. To correct the tension on the fabric, you can adjust the screw of the outer loop on the machine.
- You can then begin embroidering using the machine by following the design. Carefully trace it by using the trace function on the machine.
Here are some helpful tips:
- You can surf online to learn more about embroideries and embroidery machines. It would be extremely helpful for you to be knowledgeable.
- If this is your first time, start in a simple manner. Do not create a design that is complex. This can make it difficult for you to follow hence, making it longer for you to finish your embroidery.
- Be creative with colors. It is always fun to see something funky and unique.
- Always use the trace function on your machine. This will ensure that your design will not be too big for the hoops.
- Before you begin embroidering, adjust everything to your preference for smooth sailing. This is to avoid annoying alterations after everything is in place.
- Make sure you keep the embroidery machine manual for future reference or for troubleshooting purposes.
Now that you know how to make your own embroidery design, all that is left for you to do is to start making one. Do not be afraid to make mistakes, develop your newfound skill by learning from them. Always practice until you get it right. Good luck!