Earth Day is celebrated on the 22nd day of April every year. Earth Day is celebrated in order to commemorate and appreciate the environment and our resources. During this day, people all over the world celebrate doing different kinds of things. Most of the celebrations are done to increase the awareness of people and to encourage them to do activities that will preserve the environment.
Here are some ideas on how you can make Earth Day projects for kids:
- Arts and crafts. You can conduct an arts and crafts activity for kids. Ask the kids to use only recycled materials so that they can create their own earth crafts. You can then display these earth crafts as decorations for Earth Day. Not only will they be creating a unique work of art, but they will also save the earth by using recycled materials.
- Clean up drive. Another project you can do for Earth Day is to have a clean up drive in your park or other areas in your neighborhood. Ask the children to clean up any litter that they see on the ground and segregate them. Provide one container for the biodegradable materials and another for the non-biodegradable wastes. Provide a prize for the children so that they will be excited to do the clean up drive.
- Earth day posters. One activity that you can do with kids for the earth day project is to create some posters that will remind people to save the earth environment. You can do big posters that you can put up on the streets. This activity will help remind the people to do their part in saving the earth from destruction.
- Watch videos. Gather the children and watch videos that will increase their knowledge on how they can do their part in saving the earth. By doing this, you will be educating the children on the little things that they can do to contribute to mother earth. After the video, you can sing Earth Day songs or read poems or ask the children to share the things that they learned from the video.
- Tree planting project. One of the most famous Earth Day activities is the tree planting project. You can teach the kids on how to properly plant trees. This activity will require them to take care of the tree, not only during Earth Day but also throughout the year. You can explain how planting trees can contribute in making the earth a more pleasant place to live in. You can plant trees at the park, or even in your own backyards.
These are some of the activities that you can do with kids in order for you to help the environment and decrease earth pollution. Earth Day is an important time for us to give back to Mother Earth. You can do other things to commemorate Earth Day, such as wearing earth colors or not using your car for transportation. These may only be simple things but they will surely have a big impact on the environment.