There has been a lot of buzz and advice on how to haul in carp, catfish or trout. You wake up early in the morning excited to go fishing with your family or friends. You dress for the activity, put on sunblock, take out your trusted fishing rod and grab your store-bought fish bait. After hours on the water, not one fish bit off your commercial bait, maybe a few nibbles but that’s it. What went wrong? Perhaps your bait was not delicious enough for the fish to feast on. The only right thing to do is change your bait. How? If there is one kind of food in your kitchen that is smelly and tasty enough for the fish, it is hot dogs. Go back to your kitchen and follow these recipes that will guarantee you to come home with a truck load of fish. Make bait with your usual hot dogs. Here is what you have to do:
1. Basic ingredients. Remember if you need more bait, just double up your measurements. Your list of ingredients includes the following:
- 2 pieces hot dog
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 slices of cheese
- 1 cup of water
2. Prepare your ingredients. Chop hotdogs into small pieces. Next, chop the cheese. Use a large dry bowl to mix in the ingredients. Use a wooden spoon for mixing.
3. Combine mixture. In a large bowl, combine the chopped hotdogs and chopped cheese. Mix well, mash as necessary. Add the flour and mix in a circular motion. After the ingredients are blended well, pour water in the mixture in small parts. Stir the mixture every time you pour a part of the water. This will enable the mixture to absorb the water properly and be mixed well. After you pour the last part of water, stir until flour is completely fused with the water. Make sure there are no bumps of flour in the mixture.
4. Knead mixture. You can knead the mixture into one big ball and store it in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator. Make sure you mark the bag so you would not confuse it with your food.
5. Use the bait. If you are ready to go to fish, just pinch off a small amount on your fingers and slide it into the end of your fishing hook.
Another way of using hotdogs as fishing bait is to just use them as they are. The real trick for this is making the hotdogs smell. Fish are attracted to pungent smell. To achieve this, here is what you have to do:
- Chop the hotdogs in small pieces. Small enough to be able to attach it to your fishing hook. You do not need to cook it, use the hotdogs raw.
- Store it in a jar overnight or for a few days to spoil it. The stronger the smell, the more the fish will gobble it up instantly.
Catching a fish gives you the excitement of achieving something really impossible. Using commercialized fishing bait can come in handy but the most practical and definite way to catch a fish is using ingredients from your kitchen. Now you can go fishing and come home with a stringer full of fish. Fishing can be a lot of fun but always bear in mind that the most important part of this sport is doing this activity with your family or friends.