It is always nice to wear something that is given by a friend. It is even more wonderful if she especially makes this for you. That is why if you have the resources and the time, you should try making something that will surely be appreciated, something that she can display to others as a symbol of your friendship. Friendship bracelets are one great idea. Aside from the fact that it is easy to make, people have known it to have more worth than what it is made of because of its symbolism. Here are the steps in making it by just using beads.
- In order to determine what types and colors of beads you will need, you must picture in your mind how the friendship bracelet will appear once it is done. It is even better if you actually draw your design first. Be as creative as you can. You may look at other people’s designs but a friendship bracelet should be unique. Therefore, make your own style to make it even more special.
- Buy all the materials that will be needed according to your design. If you happen to find some better-looking beads, you may adjust your design to suit these. Aside from the beads, you will also need an elastic string for the bracelet.
- When you have all the materials already, the first thing that you will do is to cut the elastic string according to the size of the wrist your friend has. Of course, you do not have to ask your friend for its size if you are planning to surprise her with your present. For the many times you have been together, you should be able to compare your wrist size with hers. Your estimate should be close enough. When you cut the string, make sure to make it a little longer than her wrist size.
- Make a knot at one end of the elastic string. This is will secure the beads from falling off. Once this is done, start stringing the beans one by one. The arrangement you will follow is that of your own design. To make this task easier, gather beads of the same pattern or color together in a box so that you do not have to search for them every time you have to string them.
- After you have stringed all the beads, tie both ends of the string together and you already have a friendship bracelet.
You should make sure that the knots you made are very secure. Otherwise, it may easily be pulled free and all those beads will surely fall. After this, you can think of ways on how to give friendship bracelet to your friend. The gift becomes more special if you give it in a manner that she will find unforgettable. You should try to prepare some very touching words to say when you give it to her.