Making gak is a simple process that will provide children with hours of fun. Follow these steps to create your own batch of stretchy, gooey and slippery gak.
To make gak:
- Gather your ingredients. In order to make gak, you will need the following ingredients:
- Elmer's glue
- Borax (found in the laundry departments of stores)
- Food coloring
- Mix the glue and water. Combine 2 cups of Elmer's Glue and 1½ cups of warm water in a small container or bowl.
- Add the food coloring. Choose your favorite color of food coloring and add it to the glue/water mixture. Stir the mixture after you have added the food coloring to spread the color.
- Mix the Borax and water. In a different container, combine 1 cup of hot water with 1½ tablespoons of Borax.
- Combine the two containers. Add the contents of the two containers together and stir the mixture very well. You should begin to see the gak take form and solidify.
- Use your gak! At this point, the gak is in top shape and ready to be used. Remember to store your gak in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.
Since this is such a simple recipe, the whole process could be made into a family activity for children of all ages. So enjoy watching your children play with your homemade gak or jump in for some fun yourself!