One way to ease the boredom that kills your children at home during schools breaks is by keeping them busy through projects. And one good activity that you may ask your children to do during breaks is making glittering modeling clays. The kids will definitely enjoy doing it since it can be used as a play item afterwards. It is double the fun literally for they will not only enjoy doing it, but they will also enjoy playing it. Here is how to do it:
- Prepare the things you need. The following are the materials you will need to make a glittering modeling clay: 1.5 cups of salt, 3 cups of water, 6 teaspoon of tartar cream, 3 cups of flour, glitter, 4 tablespoon of vegetable oil and food coloring.
- Mix the tartar cream, salt and flour in a bowl. Prepare the bowl, make sure that it is dry, and then mix the tartar cream, flour and salt into it. Stir it until it becomes smooth and even.
- Add water, food coloring and vegetable oil to the bowl. After which, add the 3 cups of water, vegetable oil and the food coloring into the bowl. Then stir it again.
- Beat until it becomes soft, silky and the color even. Now continuously beat the mixture until is becomes soft, silky and the color even.
- Transfer it to the saucepan and place it in an oven in a medium heat. Once the proper mixture is achieved, transfer it into a saucepan and place it in an oven in a medium heat.
- Mix constantly. Constantly stir the mixture while it is in heat.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool down. Now remove it from the heat and let it cool down. Cool enough that you will be able to handle it with bare hands.
- Flatten the clay in a smooth surface and add the glitter. Using your bare hands, flatten the clay in a smooth surface and add the glitter over it.
- Crease the clay after putting the glitter. After adding the glitter, fold the clay now and massage it.
- Repeat the 8th step until you are satisfied with its outcome. Now repeat the 8th process until you reach your preferred glitter. Remember that you to repeat the 8th step over and over again to make distribution of glitter even all over the clay.
This activity may be done as a bonding between parents and children because the project basically includes the assistance of an adult like the operating of an oven. Moreover, it requires guidance from adults as to the proper steps that have to be taken. There is a lot much to do in this project for the kids because they will have a chance to play with afterwards. That fact will add excitement and enthusiasm on their part. They will definitely exert more effort and patience in doing it. Something that is very important in their character formation.