The small corsage that can be worn around the wrist or carried in one hand is the modern answer to the large floral arrangement that once covered half a woman’s chest. These delicate arrangements are a great complement to a simple ensemble. Create your own hand corsage at home with just a few simple steps.
2 roses that complement the dress
2 stems of leaves
2-3 small flower fillers in pale colors
- Prepare the flowers. Cut the stems to no more than 3” in length. You may need to remove some length later depending upon the arrangement.
- Group the two roses together and tape them. Hold the stems together and tightly wrap the floral tape around the stems to secure them.
- Add the smaller flowers. These filler flowers help hide the stems of the roses and add some depth to your design. Place one flower slightly lower than the two roses so that the stems are covered. Secure the stems with tape. Place the other filler flowers around the roses in the design of your choice.
- Add the leaves. Use the tape to secure the leaves at the top and bottom or right and left side of the corsage blooms. The leaves help frame the flowers into a small bouquet.
- Using your wrist as a guide, cut the elastic to length. Wrap the elastic around your wrist and cut to the needed length.
- Secure elastic to the corsage. Use the floral wire or tape to secure the elastic to the back of the taped flower stems. The elastic should be hidden under the flowers when the corsage is worn.
- Slip on the corsage and display it proudly. This simple hand/wrist corsage design will complement almost any gown you wear. Take it out for a night on the town.
Making a corsage allows you to personalize the design with your preferred flowers and colors. All it takes is some simple materials and a few minutes of your time and you can make the corsage of your dreams.