Vintage clothing is not a trend, not a passing fancy, and definitely not something that will go away when Fashion Week’s “to-die-for” collection gets to the runways for Fashionistas to salivate over. Come to think of it, this season’s must-haves and Fashion Week’s latest stellar showcase are tomorrow’s vintage clothing.
When it comes to denims, nothing is more iconic and screams vintage appeal than Levi Strauss Jeans or Levi’s as they are most popularly called. Founded in 1853, Levi’s has long held the honor of coming out with its cherished and treasured 501 and Button-fly jeans long before Abercrombie & Fitch, the Urban Outfitters, Gap, and Guess came into existence.
Clotheshorses will agree that Levi’s is unarguably one of the best and the most original when it comes to denim fashion.
In fact, even with the advent of competition, collectors from around the world still look for and prefer Levi’s or nothing at all. Quite rightly so as Levi’s is the only denim brand in the world that gets better as it gets older. Certainly, being around for 135 years without being forgotten is something that really speaks volumes for the brand.
Here’s how you can make money collecting Levi jeans:
1. You have to have a collection to begin with. No sense pursuing this business if you don’t have any on stock. A check with Google reveals many websites that sell Levi’s at varying prices depending on the style. You might have to invest first on coming up with your first inventory so you can start to sell afterwards. For sure, you won’t go wrong with Levi’s 501 jeans.
2. Before you can make money collecting Levi jeans, you must know how to tell if it’s authentic especially the famously incredible 501s:
- Look for a red line located on the inner seams.
- The inside edge and top of the back pockets are singly-stitched
- A capital E that’s on the small red tag where the back pocket is located.
- The back portion of the waist has a strap with buckle on it.
- For a better visual of an authentic Levi’s 501, you can check out this link: americanjeans.com
3. Look for business partners by using social networking sites like Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, and your personal email account to spread the word that you are on the lookout for Levi’s. Respondents can reach you back through the same social media to discuss how you can both earn from commissions or gross earnings from this partnership. You can also open an account at Amazon Marketplace where you can reach millions of buyers.
4. Become someone’s personal shopper both locally and worldwide. Some people cannot be bothered or do not have the time to scour the Internet and vintage shops for great Levi’s jeans. Do this for them for a fee that includes your professional fee, cost of the clothing, packaging, and shipping. Word is that countries like Japan and France covet Levi’s 501s with a passion.
5. Finally, you can be your own driver, seller, and supplier by going door-to-door and city-to-city doing business from the comforts of your own car or van. Ditto, become a supplier for vintage clothing stores when you have more than the expected inventory to start a business.
With something as mystical as the Levi’s brand, you will never be left wanting for customers.